Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can money buy you everything in this hobby?

Post Thanks / Like

Can money buy you everything in this hobby?

Can money buy you everything in this hobby? I was just thinking if I was a millionaire could I actually get everything I want? or would there be things left out?
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you want Some things don't cost! Stephen

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, don't start poking the puppy.

Answer to question: read old copy of Siddhartha from college philosophy class and apply theme. DH says the ugly underlying reason underneath all the talk why men really want money is to get women to like them and men to want to be like them. He says it ALL leads back to.....well, I'm gonna keep it clean. I like to believe otherwise, but hey, I'm not a guy, so I don't really know. Consider puppy poked and cut it out. NO DRAMA at koi-bito, please. It stresses out the fish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jen-

I see you are from Louisville. Send me an e-mail- [email protected].
    Are you a member of the Louisville Koi club?

Mike
    Mike Pfeffer
    Northern Midwest ZNA show
    June 19 - 20, 2010
    Season's Garden Nursery
    Fishers, IN

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the koi hobby is no different than any other. for the handful of koi people who can buy the best ponds and koi and take all the top prizes, thery still can't buy other koi keepers friendships....unless

they are humble, hard working folks who are gracious to others so that people are glad they won instead of resentful. i think that's the key to happiness in anything. to enjoy your sucess with the goodwill and friendship of others. To be in a position ( $$$$) to help others with no desire for others to know who did
    the good deed. for example the clubs tired show tanks need replacement and it's not in the budget. Or some judges have traveled long and far to get to your club's show and you take time off work to show them around your city after the show, feed them and thank them and get them safely back on the plane at your expense.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't want to be a millionaire, I just want to be able to act like one!
    Seriously though, I know too many people with alot of money who just aren't happy, you know? No I don't think money would buy you everything you want in this hobby. I just would'nt sell it to you!
    Koi-Unit
    " Da Best" Chapter
    xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to be a millionare Life would be so much easier, If I just had the money to buy the things I need instead of having to build them DIY. Being poor does bring out ones creative side and sparks some serious ingenuity.

As for gaining respect in this hobby, that has to be earned, not bought.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

this question can only be answered by a proper scientific experiment...

give me all the money i need ... and i will tell you guys if it gets me everything i need. problem solved

Post Thanks / Like
    In this hobby money can buy you the Nice pond, the show fish. But if you don't have the knowledge to take care of your pond, I don't care what system you have it will not thrive. And as far as koi even if you can afford to spend $ 10,000 or $50,000 on a koi if you have not learned how to pick a fish, have not had the experience of getting the eye to see a good fish. Than you can spend any amount of money and still not come with the best. There are lots of people in this hobby who can afford to buy anything they want. Then there are some of us that learn all we can learn from others, dealers, breeders, other hobbiest. We spend hours at dealers shop just watching and listening to what others think and do. So depending on what you think is more valuable.... knowledge or money....

We all need to be humble in this hobby,if not the hobby it self will humble you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mulberryjen
    Answer to question: read old copy of Siddhartha from college philosophy class and apply theme. DH says the ugly underlying reason underneath all the talk why men really want money is to get women to like them and men to want to be like them. He says it ALL leads back to.....well, I'm gonna keep it clean. I like to believe otherwise, but hey, I'm not a guy, so I don't really know. Consider puppy poked and cut it out. NO DRAMA at koi-bito, please. It stresses out the fish.
    No drama here, I was thinking the other day when the lottery was $56 million and I thought for a bit. Maybe I would buy a truck, always wanted a lifted Z71. Anyways, money can't buy everything.

1. Knowledge
    2. Experience
    3. Friendships
    4. Respect
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast