Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Momotaro obsession or just rude emails

Post Thanks / Like

Momotaro obsession or just rude emails

Hi dear koi keepers

I have just received this email from a member of this board by the name of felicity james ([email protected]). Here is what she wrote

"You are full of yourself when it come to momotaro koi. THe koi are big yeah but why, they are fed constantly in a big volume of water and what have you got ? Don't even talk about genetic, why does not "peach" man go and "create" a real koi like Toshio Sakai with the Magoi.

Momotaro is so over rate and stopping posting stuff as if you know it all, you might know a bit but there a wealth of knowledge out there that are better than the rubbish that comes from you. You interest in Momotaro product has blinded you to smithereen!!!!

I laugh every time I read your post Ha ha ha ha ......"

I do not know of this person, personally but I would suggest to this person that if she is unhappy about anything she should go a head and post in the forum for all to see her strong opinions. Instead of writing immature waste of time emails such as these

best regards
    TEWA

Post Thanks / Like
    Disappointing to hear of this Tewa.

I thought this board was very mature and people are very willing to post their views, whether everyone agrees with their views is open to discussion - not abuse. If this person wishes to challenge you, why not put her contradictory opinions on the board for all to see and then a decent discussion can take place.

There is a lot written about Momotaro, his Koi, his food and of course the BHM media and showers. Many people are 100% behind him and his ways, many are not. Momotaro is very open about what he does and this does leave him open to others questioning his ways.
    Regards, Bob
    ><{{{{š> ><{{{{š> ><{{{{š>
    <š}}}}>< <š}}}}><

Sansai
    Post Thanks / Like
    Imature it may be but why not deal with it how it was raised, privately? No need to post private emails in public imho.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Bob

Thanks for the encouragement, yes its true there are many that believe about momotaro whether its the fish or the products and there are also many that don't believe. This forum should be about different posting about different views and letting the rest of the members decide what they believe in. It should be about facts and a discussion of facts and not personal attacks.

Since I have asked that the discussion be posted on the forum I think i should kick off with the few points that felicity has highlighted in her email. Yes i will agree the 1500ton pond is huge loads of water little fish. But there are many small systems that have achieved great results I have a friend in malaysia that has a 10 ton pond with around 30 to 35 koi majority over 40cm to 65cm he still grows momotaro koi at 5 to 6 cm a month. he uses bakki showers only.

I also have friends in malaysia that have found that momotaro koi grow very quickly compared to other breeders though they may not be using bakki shower system these hobbyist can testify about the genes of momotaro fish.

It is true momotaro were not the first to develop the cross between nishikigoi and magoi and that a lot of their parents are from matsunosuke lineage but so does every other breeder. Momotaro has developed their own kohaku lines to be able to reach 90cm and over in 5 years and over.

Mike has many customers in UK that has achieved the same results. I have achieved similar results without momotaro koi to show that the system is good.

This koi grew from 12cm to 17cm in 1 month.
    June 9, 14.5cm

June 24, 17cm

i have just taken a picture today of this koi 1st of july its 19cm (another 2cm in 1 week).

there are many many many people that know a lot more than me about this hobby and i will be learning for the rest of my life about this hobby.

I recommend maybe you (felicity) should try just a few kilos of bacteria house in a shower form, than make up your mind about it. Where do you live? There are agents in most countries or dealers that can supply you bacteria house. Carl in US, Mike in UK, Max in singapore, Mr chan in taiwan, Luke in malaysia, Michael in indonesia, recently there are new agents in europe as well. If not just email me.

best regards
    TEWA

Tosai
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Momotaro has big Koi. And good lines and other good products. You canīt doubt that. But if I read through some boards, especially englisch ones, you got the feeling that Momotaro is the only one. And that Momotaro rules the world (at least Koi world).

I would say that thinks like Bakki Showers only work in industrie halls and warm climate. As you can see above there are ponds in Malaysia. Malaysia is hot and you can feed the Koi the whole year. In Europe you can do that only if you have an indoor pond.
    In the magazin Koi Keepers some other breeders said, you can grow their Koi also in the same fast way but they donīt want to. The said that hobbiests in Malaysia can grow their as Tosai up to 60cm (!!!) but with 4 or 5 years they lose their color.

I think we should be objective when it comes to Momotaro. In some boards I miss this.

Nisai
    Post Thanks / Like
    While there is no doubting Momotaro's dedication to Koi breeding and keeping. With all the work he has put into creating his own Filtration and media then foods etc, etc.
    With Hebetoo winning the UK National two out of the last three years and finishing runner -up in the other show, This proves how a koi can be kept and improved over several years. A great testament to Momotaro and the keeper (Cliff Neale).

However,

It does seem that everywhere you turn you hear Momotaro's name. They are clearly the in fashion breeder at present. This reflects in the price of the Koi. At this point in time the quality Momotaro Koi are beyond my budget.
    That said i have asked about possibly having one of Hebetoo's tosai if or when she is spawned.

The bakki shower is a mystery to me from what i can see and have been told it works but i don't know how or why. The running costs due to such high turnover etc seem excessive for what i am prepared to pay per month. With living in the UK the outside thermal question is one i had to consider. Heating a outside pond with bakki showers OOCH!

Bob raised a good point that with Momtaro being very open people will always question their methods. But this is good, if you don't ask questions you don't learn. Momotaro may learn aswell if someone asks them something they hadn't thought of.

Just my two pennys worth,

Greg.
    Greg.

"The target is within"

Tosai
    Post Thanks / Like
    RogerMoo, I just quoted what I read. http://www.medekoi.de/galleries/g_ar...004Medekoi.pdf
    That is the link. The pdf-document is a part of the actual Koi Keepers Magazine. Somewhere you can read about that fact. But I can recommend this article as a whole.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I would have ignored the email. If they continue just send them to Brian and add her email to your email spam list so you no longer see them.
    Koi-Unit

ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Post Thanks / Like
    Tewa, Its not an Obsession its a passion to learn what Maeda does to his koi. I have great respect for Maeda! I have seen his Farm in person and I gotta say pretty impressive. I think honestly it was most overwhelming. I wanted to run around like a kid in a candy store but I kicked back and soaked it all in.

I gotta say that that kinda talk is everywhere about whoever. Its so easy to talk bad. But truthfully you gotta give credit where credit is do. To make a big impact on the hobby in Japan is a great achievement in itself.

Props to Maeda, Daisuke and staff they sure know how to do it in style.

Just like everyone else on here. I just want to see top quality koi!!!!

Joe
    It's a living creature (chit happens)

Post Thanks / Like
    What is that old saying ''The proof is in the pudding'' have a bit and find out its the easiest way.

Its like all things guys there will always be someone out there doing something thats is working (and working hard at it) and then there will always be someone out there trying to not make it work!!!!

I go along with you Joe we just want to see quality Koi
    Regards

Gazza

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast