Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thought about my friends in the UK this am

Post Thanks / Like

thought about my friends in the UK this am

When i awoke to the news of the bonbing in London. I'd like to express my concern and sorrow to the nation as a whole and to those individual families who now have to deal with the grief associated with a loss or the anxiety of recovery.

I see that a popular chat line in that country for koi keepers is not functioning.
    I remember when we had our earthquake here a few years back it some services interfered with vital communications and were suspended for a time. Hope that's only the case.

Many of you will remember Lee from the Camaan islands who survived a devaststing hurrican last year. Looks like his home and koi pond are in the sights of "Dennis" a building hurrican, again headed his way.good luck Lee,
    our thoughts and prayers are with you!

there's something about today's world that makes the quiet get away of our ponds good for mental health. You can appreciate it more and more these days.

thanks to KB for providing an opportunity to expand our knowledge and caring about koi keepers around this world!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dick,

The b*****ds wont beat the British spirit, they wont beat us.
    Regards, Bob
    ><{{{{º> ><{{{{º> ><{{{{º>
    <º}}}}>< <º}}}}><

Post Thanks / Like
    Our thoughts and prayers are with UK and people who lost lives.
    I believe Bristish's spirit will stand up strong and overcome this.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is truly a small world. We are all connected ... through koi, through trade, through common interests of all sorts. I feel sorry for those who are so disconnected that they do not realize our interdependency; and, at the same time, they cannot be allowed to disconnect the rest of us, no matter how sad their isolation may be.

Tategoi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, no truer words can be spoken.

Bob, terror is about changing people through fear. Glad that you know you have not succumbed.
    ChrisC

Post Thanks / Like
    I wept when I heard.

A few years ago I flew an English patient back to England as a flight nurse. The English people were all so good to me, so helpfull and friendy unlike personel at American airports, open hearted, stoic and brave and with that silly dry humor. They impressed me as the the most civilized people in the world.

If I were a soldier, male or female, and American women soldiers are called Lionesses and ARE in the line of fire in the War on a Few Crazy Arabs ( the war on terrorism) because there are no lines.....( because the terrorists have no honor), I would gladly fight along side the British as if they were my own countrymen.

They took this hit because they stand with us. Our brothers. This is English courage.

Post Thanks / Like
    nicely said SMG, nicely said...indeed!

Sansai
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is indeed a sad day for the victims and their families. These acts and the likes must be condemned. Today we share the grief that many in war-torn countries have been experiencing for decades. Also spare a moment to grief for all the innocent victims in these countries.

The people who are to be blamed are the political masters of countries who wage war. Greed is the root cause. For the superpowers and their allies who bomb and destroy with impunity, such causalities are called inevitable collateral damage. For those who don’t have the same privilege, such acts are labeled as cowardly, evil and must be condemned. This world is full of hypocrisies! Aggression by any means, in any form cannot be justified. Please think of this while we grief for those who lost their lives and those who are maimed.

I will probably earn your wrath for expressing this view.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by hwong
    It is indeed a sad day for the victims and their families. These acts and the likes must be condemned. Today we share the grief that many in war-torn countries have been experiencing for decades. Also spare a moment to grief for all the innocent victims in these countries.

The people who are to be blamed are the political masters of countries who wage war. Greed is the root cause. For the superpowers and their allies who bomb and destroy with impunity, such causalities are called inevitable collateral damage. For those who don’t have the same privilege, such acts are labeled as cowardly, evil and must be condemned. This world is full of hypocrisies! Aggression by any means, in any form cannot be justified. Please think of this while we grief for those who lost their lives and those who are maimed.

You are not alone, Hwong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hwong
    No wrath here -- but InMyHumbleOpinion, your post was both uncalled for and inappropriate. You've brought divisiveness to a Koi BB which is trying to bring people together from all over the world. Would kindly request that you refrain from such in the future. Thank you, Don

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast