Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New filter...........

Post Thanks / Like

New filter...........

I like these filters but they are off the beaten path as far as the norm goes. My other filter is a Oase Biotec 18 (this is a Biotec 36), has done a great job of handling the Ammnia, and Nitrites, always zero, in my 3800 gal pond with 16 fish average size of 14". The problem I was having was I was feeding Hi-Silk 6-7 times a day, and the protein wasn't getting taken care of so the algee was blooming, the water always had a yellow or greenish tinge to it and foam on the surface. Also it was having a hard time dealing with suspended fines, as all I was using was a 4" bottom drain drawing approx. 3000gph, and a skimmer drawing 1300gph. With this new filter I am going to add 4 mid-level pick-ups, and a another 3400gph pump and split the draw from the mid-pick-ups and the skimmer to the new pump, which will all go through the new filter. The skimmer wasn't really being filtered before except for a piece of mat in the skimmer box and being returned to the top of the island in the center of my pond.

The nice thing about this filter is the water gets sprayed over the micro-screen, then the water trickles down over the sponges similar to a trickle tower, and out to the smaller chamber where Oase supplies the filter with Zeolite, but I am going to probably put fine malata in there.

I think I should have it whipped after that. All I can say is these filters do a great job, requiring a very small foot print.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0244.JPG 
Views:	244 
Size:	133.8 KB 
ID:	1712   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0245.JPG 
Views:	282 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	1713   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0248.JPG 
Views:	226 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	1714   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0249.JPG 
Views:	302 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	1715   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0250.JPG 
Views:	258 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	1716  

“If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed” Adolf Hitler

Chris~

Post Thanks / Like

Question

How much did you pay for the unit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris is that your fork lift.. Man forget the koi I wanna play with that.. LOL

Wow more filter just in tiem for your spawn...
    It's a living creature (chit happens)

Post Thanks / Like
    $1349 from AZ ponds, w/ free shipping a lot of filter for the $$$$ when you physically look at it and how it is designed. They show $1599 on their web site, but I asked if they had a special price, and he Quoted the $1349 free ship.

It will probably be the last one they offer free shipping on or until they get the shipping bill, cause the guy I spoke to said it could ship UPS, I questioned and questioned, but he insisted it would go UPS, but it came by truck frieght.......
    “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed” Adolf Hitler

Chris~

Post Thanks / Like
    Cie Senor~ Yeah it's mine. All the more reason to pay a visit, we can pick your Toyota up and set it on my roof Talked to Jolene on the phone tonight, they might roll through on Sun. Ya had to be out of town????? LOL

Chris~

Post Thanks / Like
    Too nice to use, in other words hella badazz...
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Antonio your invited to come over for a BBQ too, when Clem, Uh-Hem, Joe has time to come this way. Hell if ya want to come Sun. talk to Jolene

Chris~

Post Thanks / Like
    My pond has Gin in it, Mmmmmmmm, Bombay! Whoops off subject.

I got the new filter pad poured Fri. night, and set the filter Sat. and plumbed it into the exsisting pump, and new UV, Sun. added the 4 mid-level pick-ups, and the skimmer suction to the new (2nd) pump, and got that up and running, and what do ya know, Gin clear water this morning!

By "Joe" I think we've got it! It's running about 6000gph through the new filter, current someone say current? No need for TPR's in my pond Then when the water fall kicks on at cocktail hour, there's about 11,000gph going into the pond.

Chris~

Post Thanks / Like
    11k GPH!!!! can I bring my surf kayak over?
    It's a living creature (chit happens)

Post Thanks / Like
    For you I'll waive the $35 entrance fee to "Devo's" Koi themed water park

Chris~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast