Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like

Hello

Hi,
    I have been a lurker for some time now, been a little squimish about posting. Members here are very knowlegdeable, seen friends here I had met at other forums. Well here goes...
    Today I will have a 40 ft tree removed from my back yard that died from a beetle infestation. Hoping to put a vortex chamber in its place for my pond. One of my regrets was never putting one in in the first place. Pond is 3500 gallons not including filtration. Cheesy cover serves as heron protection.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00073.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	1800  

Post Thanks / Like
    Your right Blue, we have plenty of top dogs on this forum and you should have not took so long to post. Bunch of good people here willing to help you. I wish I could help but filteration is something I am not to good at. Hang around you will learn a great deal on this fourm. I know I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Bito! I'm sure you will like it here.
    Koi-Unit

ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucpondguy
    Hi,
    I have been a lurker for some time now, been a little squimish about posting. Members here are very knowlegdeable, seen friends here I had met at other forums. Well here goes...
    Today I will have a 40 ft tree removed from my back yard that died from a beetle infestation. Hoping to put a vortex chamber in its place for my pond. One of my regrets was never putting one in in the first place. Pond is 3500 gallons not including filtration. Cheesy cover serves as heron protection.

Its about time you get rid of that thing... LOL Good move on the settlement. Looks like I have to make a trip up.....

Joe
    It's a living creature (chit happens)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Well welcome!!! No need to be scared to post....Not only are you making room for a vortex, but you'll have fire wood to hangout by the pond on those late summernites by the pond....
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by keokoi
    Its about time you get rid of that thing... LOL Good move on the settlement. Looks like I have to make a trip up.....

Joe
    Yes, teacher. it is coming down as I am typing this, I am watching them like a hawk so they dont stress out the fish or something worse. Drained @ 600 gallons before they got here, just in case fish jump, they will not hit the cover and hurt themselves.

Let me save some pennies up first to get the vortex

Thanks KFG, Jim for the kind welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, teacher. it is coming down as I am typing this, I am watching them like a hawk so they dont stress out the fish or something worse. Drained @ 600 gallons before they got here, just in case fish jump, they will not hit the cover and hurt themselves.

Let me save some pennies up first to get the vortex

Thanks KFG, Jim for the kind welcome.
    We need to redor that whole thing.. Get all those bio chambers inline.. Save the hole where the take out the root ball unless they are going to root grind it... But seriousley you should get a good szie settlement and get those other chambers in line so then you will be good.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Aboard,
    The Vortex is a great idea! It looks like you have plenty of room for a bigger pond, so maybe put two or three in!
    Koi-Unit
    " Da Best" Chapter
    xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    He has a huge yard! I would put a huge pond ... Ok well maybe just a 12k pond but a huge filter.. The cool thing is he has a drainage ditch back near the fence.. Now that makes it easy for water changes...

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, my hope for future enhancements to the pond is to improve the filtration. I set up the pond not really knowing what I was doing. Would love to redo everything as Joe says. Wanted to do for a while now. I currently have a bead filter for mech, then a tee. Each end is a filter drum for bio.

Would love to make so that there is a vortex to bead to filter drums together.

Joe just showed me the benefits of a vortex when he helped me set up my 2 300 gallon rubbermaids. Currently using them to grow my 2 month 3 wk old yamabuki fry from an unplanned spawning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast