Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Sorry

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry

Hi

Sorry to say that Australian forum is still down. The guys a working to fix the problem with the server.

I am sad to say, I am unable to say for how long it will be down.

I hope you are missing the forum as much as me.

Hoping for a quick fix

Bradley
    Host: Australian Koi Forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Bradley,

Is your forum by any chance on server 11 at freebb?

Koi-Unleashed is also down, been down since last Friday.
    Regards, Bob
    ><{{{{> ><{{{{> ><{{{{>
    <}}}}>< <}}}}><

Post Thanks / Like
    so Bob, When will Duncan's board be back up?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hart
    Bradley,

Is your forum by any chance on server 11 at freebb?

Koi-Unleashed is also down, been down since last Friday.
    Hi Bob

Yes, seems we have the same trouble. I have sent an email to [email protected] with no reply yet. Strange thing is that those on server 15 are still up and running.

Hoping for a quick fix

Bradley

Post Thanks / Like
    Bradley,

Same place I've been mailing as well. Same as you not getting any replies.

I posted on a phpBB forum I found, and some helpful people said it was a server crash. They also said that freeBB's support system is on server 11, so that is down. I'd guess though that is their suppost service is on the same server they will be getting it up and running soon.

We'll just have to wait and see though.
    Regards, Bob
    ><{{{{> ><{{{{> ><{{{{>
    <}}}}>< <}}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Koi-Unleashed

Hi All,

I've spoken with Duncan tonight and he's not to happy and feels the forum may be gone forever. Perhaps not, time will tell.

Duncan has revived his old forum, which is a bit (very!) basic but will allow people to keep in touch. The forum link is as follows - http://pub26.bravenet.com/forum/2194526998/ - or you can access it via Duncan's website - http://www.koi-unleashed.co.uk/

Duncan is going to get the 'lost' forum going again and will get it hosted on a different server, but this is expected to take 2-3 weeks. So for the time being look in on the old forum and say hello!
    Regards, Bob
    ><{{{{> ><{{{{> ><{{{{>
    <}}}}>< <}}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Australian Forum

Hi Bob,

Same here, I will be launching a brand new Australian Koi Forum ASAP, on a new host!

All of us have been bitten -

Koi-unleashed
    Koitalk

as well!

Keep us updated!

Thanks

Bradley

Fry
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the server will be back up it's just a question of when. Even the other servers are dependent on 11 to a degree because it was the primary one. Just try starting a new forum on server 14 or one of the other ones and see how far you get. The automated freebb email won't even activate you as admin which leads me to believe the whole system is dependent on that server being up. The main problem with freebb is just that...it's free; and anything free is worth just about what you are paying for it. If there was a hardware failure, then it takes a few days to get new hardware. But that assumes that the guy who runs this thing has the budget for that. Part of what you are paying for on a professional site is so that when a hardware failure occurs, you get back up pronto. With a free site, who knows what it will take.
    There are probably over a thousand forums on server 11 that are now down. The bummer is with some of these more active forums as a by product of their existence turn into a social support system (such as mine) and some people feel lost and actually get depressed when they lose this online contact. I have decided to seek a pay professional hosting site. I found this forum and they offer great advice. for anyone else interested...
    www.webhostingtalk.com

As a matter of fact...you can check out a thread I started completely relevant to this and the freebb situation...
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=429095

Venzil

Post Thanks / Like
    Great info Venzil, thanks. Have read your thread on that other forum and forwarded it to Duncan, thanks again.

I know Koi-Unleashed will be moving, as will Bradleys Australian forum. It's just all the info which has been lost.

I would say it's freebb's loss, but I'm not sure what they get out of it anyway - LOL

If freebb server 11 is resurected, can all the information/posts be then taken to another host?
    Regards, Bob
    ><{{{{> ><{{{{> ><{{{{>
    <}}}}>< <}}}}><

Fry
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bob,

Unfortunately not. You would have to have the ability to backup the data locally to move it. However, the admin at freebb may or may not allow you to transfer the board to another host site for a fee. He has a pay forum site www.phpster.com He would move it there and then you could do your own local backups if you installed phpbb on your drive. I'm so disgruntled with the whole mess I don't want anything else to do with their sites. I have already started building a professional site on nexcess and when freebb gets server 11 back up and running I am going through the tedious process of reposting all the threads by hand from there to the new site by logging on as each user and copying their posts. I won't open the forum until I have done this to keep the chaos and confusion down relative to passwords, real time posting and the like.