Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what do you think of this sanke

Post Thanks / Like

what do you think of this sanke

This sanke is from Ogata, tosai and 10" long still too young to tell the sex of her . Just want to hear what you guys think of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010006.JPG 
Views:	197 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	1842  

Post Thanks / Like
    your koi is very attractive. My quess with the slender body and nice big pecs is different from your hope of female. But time will tell.I don't know if you hope to show this koi or if it's gonna be something you enjoy at home. I think it is representative of the breed and will do better in shows as a younger koi then older. i hope my opinion covers why you asked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dick benbow
    your koi is very attractive. My quess with the slender body and nice big pecs is different from your hope of female. But time will tell.I don't know if you hope to show this koi or if it's gonna be something you enjoy at home. I think it is representative of the breed and will do better in shows as a younger koi then older. i hope my opinion covers why you asked.
    Hi there, i like sanke with big pecs and i try to grow this fish slowly so i can enter it in size 2. thanks for your reply.

Tategoi
    Post Thanks / Like
    The red seems too finished for a longer term fish but the quality should allow it to do very well in the smaller size classes. I think this fish might end up being male as well, but one can always hope.

The underlying black on the head might be a (slight?) demerit depending on the judge -- as I understand it the traditionalists want no black on the head of a sanke but want it instead on the showa. But non-traditional fish have done very well in some shows. Depends on the current judging standards and the competition for the day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Dick called it right.

If your goal is to win in size 2, I think you can nail it! You have not listed where you are located. I'm hoping it is a cool climate so the growth is not too rushed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that koi needs some cool hard water... Hmm I know just the place.

I think I seen that koi in Japan last April

Joe
    It's a living creature (chit happens)

Post Thanks / Like
    The fish looks ready for show, but what does the future have installed for it? No one really knows, but the sumi and the pattern make it look to have a bright future ahead of it. I have seen the fish in person and Sanke being one of my favorites I like this one.
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice koi, good beni balance. Black not finished, and looks to be a little heavy for me, but still great potential. Love Kuchibeni.
    Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

Sansai
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Winkler
    Nice koi, good beni balance. Black not finished, and looks to be a little heavy for me, but still great potential. Love Kuchibeni.
    Is that not a maruten spot?

Where do you draw the line?

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems me the mouth is open in the picture,. That and how far in front of the eyes the spot is, makes me think it is kuchibeni, or on the nose in this case. Not on the lips, which would make it easier to call it that. Kuchibeni meaning "Lipstick", but with a spot on the nose, many call this one Kuchibeni also.

Maruten usually means a 'spot" between the eyes. Which it doesnt seem this is.
    Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast