Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NWK&GC 2005-07-30 Winners

Post Thanks / Like

NWK&GC 2005-07-30 Winners

Here are the GC from Dan & Sharon Olson (Taisho Sakai Sanke) and The RC from Bill Blackburn (Taisho Sakai Kohaku).

Congratulatiions:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2005-07-30 NWK&GC GC Dan & Cheryl Olson Spokane Taisho Saikai 200x400.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	1870   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2005-07-30 NWK&GC RC Bill Blackburn Taisho Saikai 200x400.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	1871  
    Arthur

Tategoi
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Olson's cleaned up in a major way! It was fun just watching how delighted they were.

Great Portland Show this year.

Arthur's sales fish were the best available at the show. Made me regret that the greenhouse pond is not yet complete!
    ChrisC

Post Thanks / Like
    Any other photos? Other winners? Thanks Authur for posting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats to the Winners. and a Big thanks for showing your koi in the show.. That goes for all the contestants...

Now Condition some of them koi and bring em down April 2006

Joe
    It's a living creature (chit happens)

Tategoi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe, I think April in cool California is a fine time for your show. End of July in Portland is always really warm for the fish up here. Big fish, little tanks, and high temps--they had three tanks spawn. What a mess. The show chairs were scrambling for replacements and the unititiated were thinking that this hobby is only for the people who cannot smell anymore. Pretty fishy.

The big (monster) Sanke that Sharon (inconceivably) calls "Babycakes" was really "on" for this show, powering through the water. The Kohaku Dick thought would win WAS great looking, but the Judging was led by ZNA Judge Ron Goforth, and, as they say, size matters. Seemed it was a very close thing between the winning fish and Bill and Marianne Blackburn's Kohaku.

A competitor who drove up from Sacramento, Carolyn (last name escapes me now) really upped the ante with a couple of tanks worth of lovely gosanke.
    ChrisC

Tategoi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dan, heard you were sick. Sorry to have missed you. Thanks for making sure my measuring tub got there. I picked it up with no problem.

I asked for a list of winners so I could post them, but the show does not appear to have that readily. Sorry.
    ChrisC

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you got your tub Chris. Feeling better today. Missed seeing everyone, although saw some of the Portland folks when I went down to set up tanks on Thursday. My little showa had to miss her day in the sun....that's the way it goes sometimes....maybe Bothell.

Post Thanks / Like

NWK&GC Show

This year's show was really great: real competition for to honors and many known dealers and vendors (Kieren, Eastern Nishikigoi, Nishikigoi of Niigata, Patti Graphixx, and many others...).

As I posted the top honored fish this morning I did not have time to say/post anymore. My understanding is that there were 3 contenders for GC, an unprecedented situation in Portland (in my memory anyway). The Olson's also brought many other worthy Koi.

The competition was just as intensive in the smaller sizes.

Albert and Nancy Mason from the Roseberg koi club took Baby Champion with a Kohaku purchased at Lady Bug.

Bruce and Nancy Turner from the NW Koi Club took Young Champion with a Shiro Utsuri from Fujii purchased at Oregon Koi Gardens.

All in all the quality of the show, and the fish entered this year, was really a step above what I have seen before: a commendation is due to the organizers.

The club staff/helpers were enthusiatic and helpful at all times despite the heat :-). The show setting was top notch with splash screens between all tanks, a noteworthy initiative.

That's all for now: I will go sleep early tonight :-)

Arthur
    Arthur

Post Thanks / Like

Other contenders

Hi

Great, thanks for posting. Is there a site that has pics of the other contenders?

Thanks
    Bradley
    www.ksakoi.com
    www.koi.allday.at

Fry
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Arthur for the kind words, we were very happy with the quality of the competition. The volunteers and vendors were also "Top Notch"!
    One slight correction, the Masons' Kohaku was Young Champion and I believe it was purchased at BlueWater Koi in Olympia. The Turners' Shiro Utsuri was Baby Champion.

Here are the size winners:
    Size 1 Kohaku Virginia Hokkanen. Leo Marsh
    Size 2 Sanke Sally Karo
    Size 3 Kohaku Laurie Miller (My Koi kichi spouse)
    Size 4 Gin Rin Showa Dan and Sharon Olson
    Size 5 Kohaku Carolyn (From Ca I can't remember her last name either)
    Size 6 Sanke Bill and Marianne Blackburn

Thanks to all who attended!
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur
    This year's show was really great: real competition for to honors and many known dealers and vendors (Kieren, Eastern Nishikigoi, Nishikigoi of Niigata, Patti Graphixx, and many others...).

As I posted the top honored fish this morning I did not have time to say/post anymore. My understanding is that there were 3 contenders for GC, an unprecedented situation in Portland (in my memory anyway). The Olson's also brought many other worthy Koi.

The competition was just as intensive in the smaller sizes.

Albert and Nancy Mason from the Roseberg koi club took Baby Champion with a Kohaku purchased at Lady Bug.

Bruce and Nancy Turner from the NW Koi Club took Young Champion with a Shiro Utsuri from Fujii purchased at Oregon Koi Gardens.

All in all the quality of the show, and the fish entered this year, was really a step above what I have seen before: a commendation is due to the organizers.

The club staff/helpers were enthusiatic and helpful at all times despite the heat :-). The show setting was top notch with splash screens between all tanks, a noteworthy initiative.

That's all for now: I will go sleep early tonight :-)

Arthur

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast