Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Puget Sound Koi Club's show this wkend

Post Thanks / Like

Puget Sound Koi Club's show this wkend

The time has arrived for the "big shoe". Burt Balou and Ray Jordan will be doing the judging. The size for the young fish show is 18 inches top. we usually bench no more than 100 koi. I'll be beating it from work to start the benching. temps here are in the mid 80's. I may be a bit quiet this weekend post wise but atleaset you'll know why. maybe we can get Chris C to do some name/category winners for the board? I usually get done with everything Sunday afternoon and am pretty bushed!

I was benching our 3rd show when I ran across Dan and sharon who just took portland. I was benching one of their showas from Sakai and told them who the breeder was and what to expect from the koi. They were intriqued since i didn't know them or the koi ; how I knew all that. from that a wonderful friendship bloomed! ( i recognized the fukerin on the koi and knew where it came from)
    lots of good memories!

as w.c. fields used to exclaim at gatherings...while tapping the ashes from his cigar...

"ah yes, I love little children....mostly fried"!

it's gonna be hot enought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, sounds like a nice show happening this weekend. Please post some pics!!
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mid 80's in Pacific Northwest, must be a heatwave

Have fun and please do not overexert yourself, Dick

Tategoi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dick--I decided to show two fish since the chairs kindly waived the minimum 3 fish requirement for me. I only have two that are under the size limit (unless they grow tonight in the Q tank!!)

Looking forward to seeing you and other friends there.
    ChrisC

Tategoi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, yes, and I'd be happy to post the results.
    ChrisC

Post Thanks / Like
    Arrived in Tacoma yesterday afternoon. Beautiful area and perfect weather!! I was taken to see the Weyerhouser Bonsai exhibit which was spectacular. Here is a photo of my favorite tree.

Then out to the show site last night for a BBQ dinner and meet old koi frends and meet new ones. Local Koi Kichi busy setting up the show and benching the koi. Really looking forward to seeing some special koi today.

Dick and Chris, it was great to meet you and hope to be able to visit more today once most of the work is over. I'll ry to take a few photo's of my favorites and post them when I get home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ray very nice pic! Good Detail on that Shari.... Over all I would like to have that Bonsai to my collection!

Joe
    It's a living creature (chit happens)

Post Thanks / Like
    Any show results? Pics I need pics!!!
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's about 11 pm and I've just returned from the banquet. I have to prepare communion for church in the am so this will be brief. (hopefully)

Phil and Patti Ricigliano took GC with their showa . Linda montgomery from portland took reserve with her shiro ( this was my choice last weekend remember?) Sharon olson took best showa ( the gal who won GC from portland last weekend with her sanke)

Our Chris C from this board took best in size 5 with ther mariyama kohaku.She also found me a bag of hikari seki food, i was loking for desparately. (thanks Chris!)

I got a chance to finally meet Ray Jordan one of our Judges which was a treat for me as we'd talked on the web for quite a time.

I know your all anxious for photos but my job didn't allow me time to do that this year. (sorry) There were about 90 koi entered in the show this year about 15% increase over last.

fish that were bred by yours truely includes a matsukawabake which took second in kawarigoi. A GR shiro utusuri which took first. A shiro utsuri which took a best in size and a kumonryu which took a 3rd.

I also had a chance to put alot of time into two novice class first time show youngsters and answers lots of questions and be an encourager.

here in the NW we have two more shows left. Spokane on the 27th and 28th of this month and seattle the 11 th and 12th of sept.

congratulations to the Puget Sound Koi club on the sucessful conclusion of their show.

Tategoi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks are due to Dick Benbow for benching ALL of the fish in the show, and for being gracious enough to coach us newer hobbyists to a greater understanding.

Here is a pic of my Kohaku:

Ray J has more pictures that he is going to try to put up tomorrow.
    ChrisC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast