Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Koi Slate Auction to Benefit KHV research

Post Thanks / Like

Koi Slate Auction to Benefit KHV research

Special thanks to the special folks at Koi Bito, Brian Sousa & Dinh Nguyen for their generous assistance with another koi slate auction. Brian & Dinh are also helping us generate donations via this website. Please go to the Koi Bito Auction site at http://www.thekoiauction.com/ to see the auction guidelines, register, and make a generous bid.

Peter Enfield has generously donated another of his famous Koi Slates.
    We are conducting another on line auction that ends December 18th, 2005. This one of a kind koi art piece depicts the beautiful 2001 All Japan Show Mature Champion Kohaku bred by Sakai FF in Hiroshima. [See attached picture.] The piece is hand crafted in fused art glass embedded in a grey slate base. Estimated value is ? So far we have auctioned three(3) of Peter's slates and they sold for $850, $1525, and the last one went for $3,101!!!! What a fantastic Holiday present for someone.
    To learn more about Project KHV go to www.akca.org and click on the link to Project KHV. Donations to AKCA - Project KHV should be sent to AKCA - Project KHV, 15514 Elm Park, San Antonio, Texas 78247.

Please forward this information along to your club contacts and koi friends and help us find a solution for KHV by making a donation to Project KHV and/or bidding on this gorgeous and unique piece of art.

Best Regards,
    Ray Jordan, AKCA Project KHV Fundraising Committee

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm appreciative of your efforts Ray as well as others. I know Peter must be proud to see the work of his hands being so highly regarded $$$$$$$. These are the highest I've ever seen his works go for and they are so worth it!

thanks to all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have to aplaud all who have donated or worked hard to help find a cure for KHV...Dinh is a very busy man he is also in the works to startup a NorCal ZNA...Way to go Dinh...
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Toni - Dinh

What's the follow-up info on the new ZNA club? Haven't heard anything for quite a while

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by koiczar
    Toni - Dinh

What's the follow-up info on the new ZNA club? Haven't heard anything for quite a while

Mike
    Very much want to have sensei Grant Fujita to be part of this new ZNA chapter. That is the main reason why I have not called up for the first meeting. Unable to convince him for the last few months to get out of "his retirement". It is very top to persuade someone to come back from retirement. Specially for people, who had been there, done that, many times early in his/her life.

Anyway, just had lunch with Grant Fujita today and he has finnaly agreed to be part of this chapter. I am so exciting for having him. He is one of respected koikichi around the koi's world.

So Mike, be ready! you will hear from me soon. I am almost done with the Chapter's Aritcles ( "bylaws" for the club) to present at the first club meeting.
    Not like AKCA club, ZNA main office does not cover insurance for ZNA chapter, I am also in process of getting the insurance for the new club before calling the first meeting.

I just created and draft the website for the chapter (www.znanorcal.com), we will update it after officially forming the club. The Invitation Letter for first meeting to form the club will be posted on www.znanorcal.com website. Please check the website sometime.

Best regards,
    --Dinh