Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell Water Gardens and Kodama Koi Farm Pair Up /Merged Thread

Jumbo
    Post Thanks / Like
    My life has turned left and right, my brain and soul have been off and on, but I am pleased that you all are here when I need something worthwhile to read about the fish I love and the hobby which surrounds them. Thank you Brian. Thank you JR.

Business has consumed much of my energy and has been most of my life's effort. Even last January there was a discussion in my house and business about how much dough to reinvest. My energy is spent. I no longer have what we can see John Russell does have- unshakable vision, unrelenting energy, undeniable passion. Though otheres may fault him as an Evil Capitalist, I will not.

Please, John Russell, go see some real koi ponds.

You have no idea what we are talking about. Washington, Oregon, California should be easy enough places to find good examples. People here may invite you. Probably stay out of SoCal though. Nothing can diminish your spirit like having a Grama make you cry like a girl. You will see that there is a Great Divide and that some products are usable and some are not. I have seen NO products on your site that are usable in a setup where several large fish could be cared for to the highest standard and easily by one person. Everything is too much an adaption of AquaCrap. And let me emphasize that I would like to see them there, but they are not.

Again, John Russell, go see some ponds.

Mickey the windowman
    Last edited by mitten; 12-07-2006 at 06:42 AM. Reason: missing JR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mitten View Post
    ...John Russell does have- unshakable vision, unrelenting energy, undeniable passion. Though otheres may fault him as an Evil Capitalist, I will not.
    Nor will I. As a fellow "Evil Capitalist" who mortgaged everything to the hilt to start a business, I respect the hard work, drive, and risks involved.

Please, John Russell, go see some real koi ponds.
    Dear God YES!!! Reading you account of your personal "journey" in life and business it is clear that you have both the capacity and the desire to learn and be changed by it. After seeing some truly beautiful "proper" Koi ponds you may well find yourself asking if there really is a need for hybrids after all.

...Probably stay out of SoCal though. Nothing can diminish your spirit like having a Grama make you cry like a girl. ...
    ROFLMAO
    Mickey the windowman
    It would be fun to watch NancyM pass out a good spanking though

Honestly John.
    Getting out to see some beautifully built REAL Koi ponds might be an eye opener. I've seen some bland ones, but I've also seen many that would absolutely knock your socks off. Let your potential Koi customers see just ONE beautiful Koi pond (R&G FREE) and they'll wonder why anyone would want to put rocks in there as a distraction. Big, Beautiful, Powerful Koi swimming in pristine water against a black liner look like they are floating in air.
    If they still want a hybrid pond, make sure they SEE what they are getting. "Fluff" the gravel as an instructional demonstration at the store. Let them SEE the cloud of $H!T and make sure they know that it is 100% pure unadulterated $H!T.
    Then they can make a truly "Informed" choice. It won't loose you any business. You'll just sell more Koi ponds instead of hybrids and make happier customers at the same time.

BTW... I'm still waiting for an explanation of how 4' deep $h!t is somehow healthier than 2' deep $h!t
    Larry Iles
    Oklahoma

Post Thanks / Like

Brian . . .

well said and well done. Thank you, Don
    Don Chandler
    Member: AKCA, ZNA, KoiUSA

Post Thanks / Like

MikeM . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Mr. Russell has an interesting approach. He accepts the kichi position as best for koi. He makes available pond types kichi cannot accept as suitable for koi. He sells whatever the customer wants, even if he knows it is not suitable. He does not try to assert that rock bottom ponds are any good for koi. He just sells them.

Your post has now brought us to the dark heart of the matter and I couldn't agree with you more.

Mr. Russell posted: “I'm not RECOMMENDING a hybrid pond, water garden pond, or a koi pond. We simply recommend having at least one of the three - combined with full knowledge of what that style is. You all keep missing that point.”

Please, Mr. Russell, like that’s some kind of Get Out of Jail Free card for you? Shut up, dude! We’re not missing the point; it is the point.

Since you would appear to have a moral and ethical blind spot big enough to drive your business model through, perchance an analogy would serve to drive home the point?

Once upon a time, Pontius Pilate had a very, very difficult decision to make -- so he tried to absolve himself from blame by laying it off on the crowd to choose. Well, most of us know how that turned out and history long ago rendered its verdict upon Pilate. Soon enough it will render one upon you, Mr. Russell.

Me? I've already decided.
    Don Chandler
    Member: AKCA, ZNA, KoiUSA

Nisai
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone

Hello Everyone,

I'll take you all up on your offers to show me your ponds. I travel extensively all over the country - and see water features of all types from corporate waterfalls to all types of ponds with all types of fish in them - including koi ponds. I have attended the koi shows in San Diego, Massachusets, Atlanta, and of course our local show here in the Seatlle area - and I am always interested in seeing new things, and meeting great people all over the world.

I was in SoCal 4 seperate times this year - and will probably be again next year. Please, everyone who wants to show me their pond - email me directly at [email protected] and I'll put you on my schedule the next time I'm in your area. I would love to meet Nancy and Don in person. Lets have a relaxing glass of iced tea while sitting next to your ponds.

Brian, thanks for your honest opinion - I appreciate it. I do not want to cause the members here any lost sleep.

I would like to point out that everyone here uses centrifugal pumps, and many of you also use bead filters and skimmers. I invite each of you to compare our bead filters, skimmers, and centrifugal pumps to what ever brands you are currently using. I'm not asking you to look at our other systems that you have no interest in.

I would also like to point out that I only came here in response to personal attacks on me, and misprepresentations of our products and systems. I understand that you people are set in your ways - I am fine with that - but when I'm quoted out of context, or misrepresented, or defamed in anyway - it is a guarentee that I will respond.

I open my arms in freindship to all of you, I welcome a free exchange of ideas and information on a wide variety of topics. I don't expect to change your minds - I do expect to learn from you all, and use that learned information to improve as much of the rest of the market as I can. I'm like that pink bunny that "keeps going and going".

There are two ways inwhich to improve industries that are in need. #1. Go on forums like this and shout down opposing ideas with rudeness and hatred. Or #2. Invite all sides to a table to work together with civil discussions and debates to indentify problems, come up with mutually agreeable sollutions, and then go into the market place to educate the masses of what we all learned from each other.

Thanks everyone, it is my honor and pleasure to chat with you all.
    Sincerely,
    John Russell
    President/CEO Russell Watergardens
    Last edited by John Russell; 12-07-2006 at 02:38 PM. Reason: text

Honmei
    Post Thanks / Like
    John, I hope my response to your SSA thread was Classified as #2 above.

Steve

Nisai
    Post Thanks / Like

#2 catagory

Hello Steve,

You are definately in the #2 catagory. You are a delight to chat with and share ideas and information with. I'm looking forward to more discussions with you and meeting you in person some time. I'd love to talk with you about what products you'd like to see developed that haven't been yet. Where are you located? Do you play golf? (I like to travel with my golf clubs )

Sincerely,
    John Russell

Post Thanks / Like

Love to Travel

John
    Since you love to travel, and you want to learn. ZNA SoCAl is having there 33rd Annual koi show on March 24 & 25th 2007. I think this would be a great learning experiance for you. You will be able to talk and mingle with the high end koi hobbiest also known as ( koi snobs) myself included. I can think of a few off the top of my head that will be in attendance, Art Lembke, Jim Reilly, Ron Goforth, Burt Ballou, Koicop (Don), Keokoi, Aquatori, Russel Peters, Mike P., Frank Morales. Not to mention the koi dealers, Laguna Koi, Andrews Koi International, Eastern Nishikigoi, Peter & sons, Mystic Koi( maybe). Also other manufactors, W.Lim, Performance Pro, Tetra, Matala USA. Hikari USA, those and many more vendors.
    Please let me know if you would like to be a vendor at the show, I am the vendor coordinator this year. I can email you a vendor pack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to mention the koi dealers, Laguna Koi, Andrews Koi International, Eastern Nishikigoi, Peter & sons, Mystic Koi( maybe).
    Nancy... yea, count me in!

Kind Regards,
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticKoi View Post
    Nancy... yea, count me in!

Kind Regards,
    Bill
    Hugs & Kisses

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast