Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Greetings from India

Sansai

Greetings from India

Hello Everyone,

Its a delight to join this forum . Its been about 9 years for me in the koi keeping line, and i have benefited much from this site, and in just reading through the threads between most of the stalwarts in this forum . The learning is a never ending curve , as like life is . A few pictures of our pond is enclosed , it has been quite a difficult time in getting to this waters , and i am sure, there will be further sharks ahead ! Thank you every one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Greetings from India-img_8369.jpg   Greetings from India-img_8550.jpg   Greetings from India-img_0414.jpg   Greetings from India-img_8401.jpg  

Welcome, and nice looking pond!

Sansai
    Thank you. Its a wonderful name that you have. The biggest hurdle to life , is to be at peace with one self :-)

You have a beautiful pond! I love how you can see the pond from the inside. Must be nice for keeping an eye on your Koi/feeding on rainy days.

I am new to the forum as well.

What type of setup do you have for your pond?

Welcome! Whereabouts are you from India? The high cold north or hot down south?

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by uhmyearightok View Post
    You have a beautiful pond! I love how you can see the pond from the inside. Must be nice for keeping an eye on your Koi/feeding on rainy days.

I am new to the forum as well.

What type of setup do you have for your pond?
    Thanks very much.

Yes , the bay window does help. Once in the dead of the night , our sleep broke , with splashing sounds from the pond . Since there was spawning happening since the last 2-3 days , i thought nothing of it , knowing well that the chasing was going around. My wife though insisted that i go take a look , since on the same day we had introduced a batch of 9 tosais into the main pond . On switching on the flood lights , the pond was found to be churning with heaving waves , by the jumbos in hot chase. Out sky jumped a frightened little showa, landing with a thud on the bridge. In a flash , I found myself unbolting the main door , and dashing to the back yard. The bridge by then showed no showa , and i looked hard in the pond for it . By then i could hear some movement in a heap of dry leaves , besides one end of the bridge , it was no snake , but the little showa . He is fine since . When i was back in bed , i eyed the clock , it showed 4 a.m ! Such is the life of a koi keeper

Our pond is 42 tons, supported with a 2 ton vortex with brushes , through which two motors pump up a 5 tier bakki having 200 kgs of BHM. The skimmer overflows through an earthen jar.

Sansai
    Hi Yerrag,

Thanks . Hot down South . A city called Chennai , which is besides the sea coast , weather can be sweltering and muggy , but the sea breeze after 3 p.m helps a lot. Hows Manila ?!

Hi Tora Bora, we're just about the same latitude-wise so weather shouldn't be that much different.It's around 3 pm and it's 31 C but not muggy. Nice your koi pond is just outside your window. Kois always under your watchful eyes and ears. And you can hear the soothing waterfalls.

Fry
    Hi Sanjay- Nice to see a beautiful pond and fish in Chennai. I am from Kerala but currently settled in New York.

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by CHER View Post
    Hi Sanjay- Nice to see a beautiful pond and fish in Chennai. I am from Kerala but currently settled in New York.
    Hi Cher,

Thanks . The pond has a good dose of family involvement in it , hopefully it will stand the test of time, and the generations to come will learn the fruits of patience , filling in their heart and minds with harmony and goodwill .

Kerala too is a wonderful place. People down there dont regard concrete tanks or liner tanks as a pond ,but just man made water bodies having no parallel to the pristine ponds that are abound in their state !! The lush dense greenery works its own charm . Have a snap of my in-laws home there , their terraced balacony view is breathtaking . Will try to locate the particular snap and post it .

We had my classmate joining us for dinner last night , met after more than two decades . They are from Dallas , and seeing our pond at home , has motivated the family to build one, soon as they fly back home ! A koi pond should be much easier in the US.

Hope you are learning as well as enjoying the experience. Will be real nice to see a few snaps of your pond .

Best regards,
    Sanjay