Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Greetings from the San Francisco Bay Area (Marin County)

Fry

Greetings from the San Francisco Bay Area (Marin County)

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I actually found the message board while trying to locate "local" koi gurus / enthusiasts in the San Francisco Bay Area but wasn't having much luck since it seems like there isn't much activity with the San Francisco Koi Club (or maybe i'm looking in the wrong place). That said I've seen some Bay Area references on the forum so I'm excited to learn about local resources and also learn from fellow members from across the globe.

Oh - about me. We installed a koi pond (~ 3,800 gallons) in our backyard less than a year ago. I've included a photo below (sorry but it's somewhat difficult to photograph so its a panoramic shot). Filtration includes an Ultima II filter, Evolution ESS5200 Pump, 57W UV Sterilizer. The pond also has a vanishing edge and the holding tank below the vanishing edge has a pump which recirculates water to the other end of the pond and trickles it down the face of an old / decorative fountain rock.

Greetings from the San Francisco Bay Area (Marin County)-koi-pond-pic.jpg

This is the right Koi forum for you. Welcome on board Bvadel. You have a very beautiful koi pond and garden.
    I used to be a member of SF Koi club long back then, but it is not much in active nowadays. The good news for Bay Area koi hobbyists
    is that ZNA NorCal is the Northern California Koi club located here in the SF Bay Area. ZNA NorCal is one of the most active ZNA chapters in America and in the world indeed. I remember we have some members from Marin County indeed. Our next meeting is tomorrow May 4, 2014 indeed. You are welcome to join the ZNA NorCal meeting. It will be fun to hang around with koi people. So please join and hope you can make it.

Best,
    --Dinh

Here is the link for ZNA NorCal monthly meeting tomorrow.

ZNA NorCal May 4, 2014 monthly meeting

--D

Nisai

Welcome & wow

Quote Originally Posted by bvadel View Post
    Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I actually found the message board while trying to locate "local" koi gurus / enthusiasts in the San Francisco Bay Area but wasn't having much luck since it seems like there isn't much activity with the San Francisco Koi Club (or maybe i'm looking in the wrong place). That said I've seen some Bay Area references on the forum so I'm excited to learn about local resources and also learn from fellow members from across the globe.

Oh - about me. We installed a koi pond (~ 3,800 gallons) in our backyard less than a year ago. I've included a photo below (sorry but it's somewhat difficult to photograph so its a panoramic shot). Filtration includes an Ultima II filter, Evolution ESS5200 Pump, 57W UV Sterilizer. The pond also has a vanishing edge and the holding tank below the vanishing edge has a pump which recirculates water to the other end of the pond and trickles it down the face of an old / decorative fountain rock.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Koi Pond pic.jpg 
Views:	532 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	39492

That's an amazing Koi Pond- I had red in news article that SF was the Mecca of Koi hobby in America - and your pond really proves it .

Regards,
    KK

Fry
    That's an amazing Koi Pond- I had red in news article that SF was the Mecca of Koi hobby in America
    KK - thanks for the compliment! If SF is the mecca then I must be looking in the wrong places (until now) since I haven't met many people locally that have koi ponds much less aquariums.

DINH - Thanks so much for the information and invitation. We are double booked tomorrow with family/kid activities (darn - Kobe burgers sound like the best part!) but I will stay tuned for future meetings and will also check out ZNA for sure.