Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome TienPhamVan!

You never know what will be on display at any one time. They have about 3x
    the amount of trees needed for display and will pull one off to work on and subsutitute something else. They do have some wonderful satsuki's and they will start to show some color here in about 2 months. My satsuki sensae John Lust passed away last fall, and his best tree was donated to the exhibit and will be on display. I have about 6 decent azealas....

The have an aka matsue I've been waiting for , for 2 years to come on display now...I know david and his assit well enough that i go visit it in the private area. My favorite is a japanese black pine that was started in a tin can from seed by an american who happened to be of japanese ancestry during world war 2 and ended up being confined in a prison camp during the length of the war. the tree speaks to me emotionally because of it's humble beginnings, and now as a finished bonsai it is really a work of art.

If you decide to visit again pls let me know

Dick, this is the tree when it passed on through the San Mateo Bonsai clubs show on its way up to Weyhauser..

This tree had it own luggage

Joe

Fantastick!

Quote Originally Posted by keokoi View Post
    Dick, this is the tree when it passed on through the San Mateo Bonsai clubs show on its way up to Weyhauser..

This tree had it own luggage

Joe
    Welcome TienPhamVan to koi-bito!

Joe, such a beautiful bonsai! Good picture. I lightened it a bit, hope that's OK.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Welcome TienPhamVan!-bonsai.jpg  

yes I recognize the tree. It wasn't on display last week when I was up there but last year when it bloomed it was breath taking.....there is a big old kinsai up there that i just love

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12