ZNA Enlightment Weekend, April 17-19th @ Quality Koi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZNA Enlightment Weekend, April 17-19th @ Quality Koi

ZNA America seminar weekend held at Quality Koi in Carneys Point, NJ. Tentative agenda:

Friday Evening: Gathering at Quality Koi-tour and casual dinner
    Saturday Morning: "Body and Quality" study led by Mat McCann
    Saturday Afternoon: Judging Seminar #1 and review
    Saturday Evening: Group Dinner
    Sunday Morning: "Skin and Finish" study-Judging Seminar #2 and review
    Sunday 2pm: Adjourn

This will be an event for all current members of ZNA America, ZNA members at large are also welcome to attend. Please reserve through your chapter or by contact Quality Koi directly.

If you are not a current ZNA member and would like to attend, we can sign you up for a membership.

More information will be posted as it becomes available.

Any idea where the show will be this year? New jersey or long island??
    sigpic

If your desire to succeed is greater than your desire to fail, then you will succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Brutuscz View Post
      Any idea where the show will be this year? New jersey or long island??
      Show will be at Kodama's in Upper Saddle River again. Stay tuned for more info on the show.

Comment

Latest info. Please reserve early! Space is filling up fast.

ZNA America
        March 17, 2015
        ZNA Koi Enlightenment Weekend, April 17-19, 2015 at Quality Koi, Carneys Point, New Jersey

Registration closes: April 1st , email Mike Frady atmfra@aol.comas your name and email address will be needed for the registered “ZNA members only” specials.Two koi will available by auction prior to Weekend. Details will be emailed with a link to the auction site.

Fee: single $20.00, couple $30.00; $10 per person goes to ZNA Japan for "official judging seminar" processing, $10 to ZNA America.

Hotel: Comfort Inn, Carneys Point, NJ special rate of $65.99 for Friday and/or Saturday, must ask for “ZNA/Quality Koi” rate when making reservations – 856-299-8282

Friday afternoon and evening: tour of the farm and social, pizza dinner provided by Potomac ZNA Club

Saturday: breakfast at hotel, start at 9:00 AM, at Quality Koi

Mat to discuss conformation, quality, pattern, and finish, with live fish examples. Lunch provided by Quality Koi. Continue discussion, and 1st Judging Seminar: Kohaku - test on 5 fish, with a maximum of 6 members per vat, 8 minutes allowed to view and note decision. Adequate time will be permitted for review of the judging.

Saturday night dinner: The Winery, pasta and wine tasting, attendees responsible for dinner. Open discussion regarding regional issues, and how ZNA Clubs can work together. Koi auction after the dinner.

Sunday: breakfast at hotel, start at 9:00 AM at Quality Koi
        Review of judging considerations; 2nd Judging Seminar, Showa, and Sanke. Judging as in 1st seminar. Participants will get a chance to judge all three gosanke varieties. Mat and assorted ZNA Judges will review the judging exercise and comment on each fish.

Weekend will conclude about 1:00 PM, with additional tours, or koi sales. Lunch on your own.

This will be an event for all current members of ZNA America.

Richard (Dick) Thomas
        ZNA America, District Chairman
        (H) 765-447-3070
        (C) 765-491-3481

Comment

Hi Duc, I will not be able to attend this great event but would like to become a ZNA member. I don't have any club I can join and attend meetings, but would like to join the fellowship and have access to materials. Can you point me in the right direction please? Thank you.
          Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Appliance Guy View Post
            Hi Duc, I will not be able to attend this great event but would like to become a ZNA member. I don't have any club I can join and attend meetings, but would like to join the fellowship and have access to materials. Can you point me in the right direction please? Thank you.

Tim,

Join the ZNA via ZNASKA. They have members from all over the southeast...including Atlanta area. Who knows, you might be able to attend a few meetings and their special events.

http://www.znaska.org/znaska.org/Welcome.html
            Koi keeping is not a belief system; it is applied science with a touch of artistry.

Comment

Thank you Quality Koi Company, Inc. for this generous gift! Don't let this opportunity pass you by!

This fantastic tategoi sanke was selected by Toshi Sakai from Isawa Nishikigoi Center. Quality Koi Co. is giving this koi away as a door prize on the Saturday of the ZNA Koi Enlightenment Event, April 17-19th. All you need to do is register and attend Saturday's Seminar. The lucky winner of this koi, will also receive free mud pond keeping for this coming summer at Quality Koi Co.

https://youtu.be/adVoWiE451w

Stay tuned for more announcements!

Duc

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
              Working...
              X