CFKS 2021 has been cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFKS 2021 has been cancelled

Back in March, the Central Florida Koi Show was the last Koi show to be held before the COVID-19 pandemic shutdown almost everything for the rest of 2020. At that time, we all thought it would just be the spring Koi shows that would be impacted, but as the year progressed all but a couple of shows had to cancel. I have personally had to cancel 3 flight reservations for Koi shows I was scheduled to judge.

We had assumed and hoped that the pandemic would be behind us by March of 2021 and had been working on organizing the 2021 show. One of the CFKS board members is a medical doctor who has been treating COVID-19 patients on a daily basis. He has been closely following the new case and hospitalization trends as well as the realistic dates when vaccines will be widely available. With the large increases in infection rates and no signs for relief until at least the second half of 2021, it is now obvious that holding the CFKS 2021 event would be irresponsible to the public and Koi hobbyists/vendors. Those that have attended the show know how much we are able to squeeze into the area we have available to us. There is just no way to practice proper distancing in the crowded vendor areas, Koi show area, Goldfish show area, registration or hospitality areas. It is also not financially viable to reduce capacity to allow for visitors/vendors to safely attend. A large percentage of the vendors and hobbyists fly into Orlando from all over the country to attend the show; a lot coming from northern states to escape the cold weather. Many of us are just not ready to risk air travel yet.

While we will miss seeing all our fellow Koi enthusiast friends, it is necessary to cancel the 2021 show. We already have a contract with the show hotel for our 2022 show and will be working towards a great 2022 event. I will be working with the show hotel to cancel our 2021 contract and will be sending full refunds to all the vendors that have already given deposits for their 2021 booth spaces (I have not accepted any hobbyist payments for tanks/banquet to date). All vendors will maintain their current preferred status based on 2020 and past participation in the show.

Thank you,
    Henry Culpepper
    CFKS Chairman
    Koi keeping is not a belief system; it is applied science with a touch of artistry.

Sorry to hear that CFKS is cancelled. I was hoping to make it down next year.
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Miyabi Koi Farm[/B]

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
    Working...
    X