Sacramento Koi Show Nov. 6-7 , 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erwinsan
    Seriously though, JasonS what's the waters ph up there? I'd like to get as close to it as I can to minimize the stress on the fish.
    I suppose I should talk with Jim Phillips first to see if he has checked the water at the site, but I'm guessing it'll be right about 8.2 and very soft (2 dKH) since that is the water coming from my tap and I'm only 4 miles away from the site.

Jim adds Amquel and NovAqua to the tanks as well, of course.

Comment

If the water is good to go I think we should be all set for a great show. I think before the opening ceremonies we should have a moment of silence.
      The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Ceremonies? I don't think we've given that any thought.

Got your registration. Thanks.

Comment

Well, considering the wonders of koi shows here in the states and how they come only once a year I think of them as a big event. Cool, you guys got my registration. So when do I get a conformation? Well anyways, see you guys there.

Comment

Tony, You guys should get up there Friday you san , Erwiinsan, Me san Kevin San and brian San. so we can all chill out that night. Joe San
            It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

Jason is this going to an indoor event or outdoor? Joe
              It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

I hope our weather will be good. It's been too wet lately. Does the show go on rain or shine?

Aquitori is right... the organizers of the show should at least metion and recognize the the people in and the people affected by the earthquake in Niigata. It's a small world and somehow we're all affected.

Comment

Originally posted by keokoi
                  It is essentially outdoors. We have plans in case it rains to throw tarps over the show area to protect the show fish, aeration, etc. We hope for good weather but have plans for bad weather. First priority is the fish...

Regarding 'opening ceremonies' -- typically it is a short welcome speech and thanks for all who came. Nothing fancy. Nothing really 'planned' by the show committee at this point but you can be sure that some of the committee are thinking about what we can do to help and are even looking wider than just our show and just our club.

Comment

Originally posted by keokoi
                    Either way Joe, I think your fish will shine regardless of the weather. Indoor, outdoor it don't matter baby.

Comment

Originally posted by erwinsan
                      I hope our weather good. It's been too wet lately. Does the show go on rain or shine?

Aquitori is right... the organizers of the show should at least metion and recognize the the people in and the people affected by the earthquake in Niigata. It's a small world and somehow we're all affected.
                      ErwinSizan, whatever we can do, even pass around the collection net around the show it would be cool...Back to the show, I am just goin to chill and relax with my koi buddies..

KKKKKKKOOOOOIIIIII-UNIT!!!

Comment

Jason, what is the total tanks reserved now?

Comment

I think we're at 12 confirmed and paid for. Another 8 tanks are very probable, but weather or other circumstances could change that. I had to send one registration back because it was a clear cut case of a dealer (owner of a koi business) trying to get in. Probably the dealer's own fish, but the dealer definitely sells fish so we can't accept them.

Vendors, on the other hand, are full. We are putting together a show packet and might have room for advertisements there, but we're behind on setting that up (weren't sure we'd have a show packet).

Promotion for the show has been outstanding; articles in all the local papers, the location (Green Acres Nursery) is including the show in their advertisements, etc.

Comment

Jason is there a way that I can get a confirmation that I am entered? I haven't received an email for that.

Antonio

Comment

You haven't received an email because you didn't list your email addr.

Kidding. You're entered. Trust me.

We're assigning tank numbers based on location. We'd like to get tanks unloaded in tank number order and obviously those folks who came from further away should be first out the door.

So we'll be assigning them at the last minute. Friday afternoon...

Comment

Aquitori - D-O-N- ' T W-O-R-R-Y ! ! !

( inside joke guys )

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                                Working...
                                X