Feature On - Momotaro Auctions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature On - Momotaro Auctions

Update feature highlighting the atmosphere at a Momotaro koi auction. Originally published in the print magazine, and now available for all online.
    Attached Files
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Thnx Brian! I enjoyed reading this again and easier to save and refer back to now.
    Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Brian for sharing, most of us will never attend, but some of us may one day ask you or someone to bid on our behalf. It sounds exciting.
      Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob & Bob. More are on the way.
        Brian Sousa
        Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

Awesome articles, Brian. Thank you for sharing. I have heard a lot about the Momotaro auctions and the caliber of koi that are available. After reading the articles, it makes me want to be a dealer so I can attend one of these auctions someday. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lam Nguyen View Post
            Awesome articles, Brian. Thank you for sharing. I have heard a lot about the Momotaro auctions and the caliber of koi that are available. After reading the articles, it makes me want to be a dealer so I can attend one of these auctions someday. Thanks again.
            That is what I would like to do. Only the very best go in the auction but there are a lot of superb fish that do not make it and that is where you can get a real find. I have a few 15in tosai that did not make the auction and they are trully superb I will be putting them in my mud pond as soon as it warms up tem is only 60f right now. At Momotaro they cull so heavily and the stock is so good that all fish are of a great quality. Otherwise people would not fly in just for the auction and they would not get the high prices.
            Regards
            EUgene

Comment

Article

Thank you for sharing this, it is fascinating.
              Jake Levi
              Oswego, NY

We are all in this together

Comment

nice auction article

again terrific reporting of the momatoro auctions in Japan
                I am day dreaming of the day I can visit and see all the splendors
                of Niigata and the lovely nishikigoi

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                Working...
                X