Gonjiro - Producing Interesting Koi in Limited Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonjiro - Producing Interesting Koi in Limited Space

As promised, the first of our new online articles. We've decided to start with a relative unknown outside Japan, "Gonjiro" who is producing sanke and showa that are drawing a fair bit of interest lately. The article is named:

Producing Interesting Koi in Limited Space
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian; 08-10-2008, 02:53 AM. Reason: Uploaded newer version of pdf
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Banzai! Banzai! Banzai!

Was trying to come up with the wording to comment on the article,
    But can't quite come up with a calm cool diplomatic commentary when
    I just want to yell "YES!", ( insert happy dance ) the type of articles I have so woefully missed for so long are back. thank-you Brian!

I have a feeling your statistics are about to change
    Dick Benbow

Comment

Brian,
      Just finish reading the article. it is very good. Keep it coming.

Comment

Very interesting. Thank you so much for starting the articles on line.

How often will you add more articles?

I don't have a Sanke right now because I don't like the small sumi. If I could find one with larger sumi, I'd buy it in a second.
        The views expressed above are my own personal views and, as such, do not necessarily reflect the views of the AKCA or the KHA program.
        SANDY

Comment

Excellent article and photos. Thanks for getting the new online articles on the website. I look forward to the next one.
          Disclosure:These opinions are based on my experience and conversations with persons I consider accomplished koi keepers and do not reflect the viewpoint of any organization.

Comment

Thank you, Brian!

So much information. I'll need to re-read a couple of times. I wish the photos were on a sidebar so I could refer to them as reading, and not scroll back and forth. Maybe I'll print out the article & check photos on-line at the same time.

Comment

This is only the first half of the article, the second half deals with his showa. That one will be posted end of August or beginning of Sept. Feel free to print the article out and read which might prove easier for some of you.

To answer Dick's question, I hope to be able to do an article every month from now on.
              Brian Sousa
              Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                This is only the first half of the article, the second half deals with his showa. That one will be posted end of August or beginning of Sept. Feel free to print the article out and read which might prove easier for some of you.

To answer Dick's question, I hope to be able to do an article every month from now on.
                that will be great.............thanks for posting this on line...good article

Comment

Thanks for enlightening me

Thank you Brian,

I enjoyed reading your article on Takahashi, the breeder of sanke and showas. His perspective/insight on the breeding of sanke, in this article, was very helpful in my quest to better understanding the art of koi.

Keep them coming
                  “In times like these men should utter nothing for which they would not be willingly responsible through time and in eternity.”

Abraham Lincoln

Comment

As promised, the first of our new online articles. We've decided to start with a relative unknown outside Japan, "Gonjiro" who is producing sanke and showa that are drawing a fair bit of interest lately. The article is named:

Thanks Brian
                    Regards
                    Eugene

Comment

Thanks Brian. I appreciate learning about what breeders have done.
                      Bob

Comment

Brian,

When will you post part 2? I am really anxious to read about them.

Rgrds,

Wouter
                        I got struck by a virus and it is incurable. Nishikigoi

Comment

thanks, I will keep visiting forum.

Comment

I have a Kohaku from him, and it is very nice, I am surprised after seeing his success with Kohaku that he is now breeding only Sanke and Showa, but if his results with those turn out anything like his Kohaku line did, it will be something spectacular in the end.

He is so open and honest about everything, I am sure he will reach success.

Comment

Originally posted by niji View Post
                              I have a Kohaku from him, and it is very nice, I am surprised after seeing his success with Kohaku that he is now breeding only Sanke and Showa, but if his results with those turn out anything like his Kohaku line did, it will be something spectacular in the end.

He is so open and honest about everything, I am sure he will reach success.
                              Love to see a picture of your Kohaku, what dealer is bringing in his fish?

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X