Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

omosako shiro re-visit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16

    growth...

    they range is size from 17" for the tancho showa and 20 1/4" for the largest mostly white with strong odome sumi one....
    Attached Files

    Comment

    • #17

      My favorite was Shamu for her pattern....the white star shape over the eye..... unfortunately she had a hard time spawning this year and from the stress her sumi has gone down....this is a pic from earlier before she lost the sumi...
      Attached Files

      Comment

      • #18

        and a pic of her now....she looks like she has a small sumi lightning bolt....on her face....a harry potter mark

        looking at the omosako shiro's that i have i like the shiroji on all of them but one...and mostly i am still waiting for sumi....hopefully not in vain....and the one with the yellowish shiroji, i am thinking about moving on...
        Attached Files

        Comment

        • #19

          Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
          So... WHERE are we going to post our update pictures? Here, or on our original growout threads?
          I just put mine on here...

          Comment

          • #20

            This is the only one I have left. A little stubby, only 17'. The shiroji is really white but a little too much sumi on the face. The sumi is not completely up but it's still a young fish. I don't think it will ever grow to any size much.
            Attached Files
            Robert

            Comment

            • #21

              Well, growth slowed considerably this year and my "sumi friendly" water is over-performing I still think there is some potential for the facial sumi to pull back somewhat and this video makes it look even darker than it is (she kept her head turned downward). The shiroji on the left side of the tail tube is still creeping upward to form a better ichimatsu pattern but it is still at least 2 years from finishing the job. The facial sumi is still the biggest issue and I'd say there's an 80% chance it will remain too dark even when fully mature.

              Just under 20", and here's the video.


              Larry Iles
              Oklahoma

              Comment

              • #22

                Originally posted by powerman View Post
                they range is size from 17" for the tancho showa and 20 1/4" for the largest mostly white with strong odome sumi one....
                Dan, the white one with the strong odome sumi has a beautiful shape. if that sumi that hints on her face comes up it will be a beautiful fish.

                Comment

                • #23

                  Originally posted by Meg View Post
                  Dan, the white one with the strong odome sumi has a beautiful shape. if that sumi that hints on her face comes up it will be a beautiful fish.
                  Thanks, Meg, I think she's the best one in the bunch....and her shiroji is really nice too...

                  Comment

                  • #24

                    Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
                    Well, growth slowed considerably this year and my "sumi friendly" water is over-performing I still think there is some potential for the facial sumi to pull back somewhat and this video makes it look even darker than it is (she kept her head turned downward). The shiroji on the left side of the tail tube is still creeping upward to form a better ichimatsu pattern but it is still at least 2 years from finishing the job. The facial sumi is still the biggest issue and I'd say there's an 80% chance it will remain too dark even when fully mature.

                    Just under 20", and here's the video.
                    http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa68/larziles/Koi%202010/?action=view&current=PICT0407.mp4
                    Larry...I couldn't see the video...link not working...

                    Comment

                    • #25

                      Try it now
                      I've been having "issues" getting PB Videos to post up lately
                      Larry Iles
                      Oklahoma

                      Comment

                      • #26

                        Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
                        Try it now
                        I've been having "issues" getting PB Videos to post up lately
                        it's working now.....you have a lot of sumi going on there.....can i borrow a little for one of mine...

                        Comment

                        • #27

                          Sometimes I wonder what would happen if one of the faded Shiro's spent a summer at my house while mine went to theirs... Kind of like a "Koi Sabbatical". Our water comes from a lake fed by surface runoff over sandstone. Apparently the Silica content is just right for a "Sumi Spa"
                          Larry Iles
                          Oklahoma

                          Comment

                          • #28

                            Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
                            Sometimes I wonder what would happen if one of the faded Shiro's spent a summer at my house while mine went to theirs... Kind of like a "Koi Sabbatical". Our water comes from a lake fed by surface runoff over sandstone. Apparently the Silica content is just right for a "Sumi Spa"
                            or trying to blend in with the black bowl
                            Paul Korf

                            member of:
                            Midwest Pond and Koi Society
                            Louisville Koi club
                            IKONA

                            Comment

                            • #29

                              a respectable 23# and not a bad looking fish so far......
                              Attached Files

                              Comment

                              • #30

                                looking very nice, Meg

                                Comment

                                All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                                Working...
                                X