omosako shiro re-visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omosako shiro re-visit

anyone interested in picking a date for those of us who still have them to post an up dated picture.

I for one would love to see what the sumi on others is doing. mine, just this last week, had some come up to the surface under the eye. still hinting at more to come

Well, we're coming into the fall show season hot and heavy so sometime around the "wind down for winter" time ought to work well. Other than growth (which has slowed) 51 hasn't changed much.
    Larry Iles
    Oklahoma

Comment

no change much with mine either. Unfortunately that goes for size too. For some reason that winning shiro just does not want to grow. And it has also gotten yellow looking, even though two other shiros in the pond are still sparkling white. I don't know what's up with that fish. My prize fish, on the other hand, has the most sparkling white skin that I have ever seen. Darn shame about the busted dorsal fin.

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
        Well, we're coming into the fall show season hot and heavy so sometime around the "wind down for winter" time ought to work well. Other than growth (which has slowed) 51 hasn't changed much.
        I am not a good one to ask to pick a fall date, our fall could show up late as January!
        so pick a date Larry.
        and I am hoping more than the three of us show up!

Comment

I guess we need to check the AKCA and ZNA show calendars to see when the last ones of the season are scheduled and shoot for the week after. Show folks may have current pix and measurements from them and that will leave the rest of us to pull, shoot, and measure.
          Larry Iles
          Oklahoma

Comment

Well, it looks like the last show on this years Calendar is ZNA NorCal on Nov. 13-14 so how's about we shoot for the week following that
            Larry Iles
            Oklahoma

Comment

I'm in!

Comment

I will be pulling mine for the Atlanta and maybe the Greenville Show. So, I can post pic by that date ok.

I would also add that my fish reached about 15" and just stopped growing.
                Robert

Comment

I'm in!

I've been looking for some pressure to photograph my SU from the grow out contest. I just picked up a new koi viewing bowl so count me in.

Sad to hear the growth has slowed on some of you but that gives mine a little chance to catch up.

http://www.koi-bito.com/forum/koi-gr...out-stats.html

PD
                  Last edited by The Pond Digger; 09-26-2010, 11:37 PM. Reason: Link to grow out thread
                  "Doubt sees the obstacles, Faith sees the way!"

Comment

I'm in.....still waiting on sumi but good skin, shiroji and conformation on a couple......

Comment

great, that is six of us for sure, a couple with multiple koi! hopefuly a few more will join us.
                      Sandy? Bill? ....who else still has a Omosako shiro grow out? I know there are more of you!

Comment

Still have mine Meg. I'll pull them and post them sometime in between now and Larry's date. Oct. & Nov. are always busy here.

Hopefully I pull the right fish I have 3 others besides the 2 growouts. One of my others looks like #60.

#60 is coming along. Not much growth though.
                        “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed” Adolf Hitler

Chris~

Comment

With any luck the timing of this should work out for me to shoot some of 51 and her new Showa Cousin from Momotaro the same week A nice (and unexpected) bonus for me
                          Larry Iles
                          Oklahoma

Comment

So... WHERE are we going to post our update pictures? Here, or on our original growout threads?
                            Larry Iles
                            Oklahoma

Comment

I'll show a few update pics...

I gave one of the omosako's away....i put one in the waterwheel pond that pretty much won the ugly duckling contest .....i think Grant said i should bury it under a mango tree....i still have it but in the unheated waterwheel pond it is not gaining any size at all...and is still not a looker....
                              all together i ended up in the beginning with three fish and then Rod L wanted to back out so i bought his three...and i got a tancho...so seven fish all together.... here are the five that are left...
                              Attached Files

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X