David Soon and The MousKoiteers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gcuss View Post
    I don't want to start counting my chickens before they hatch but visually it seems to me that Eri is growing quite well...

Crossing my fingers that my greenhouse (sorta... ) coupled with the fantastic food David gave me is going to have me up front.

I feel terrible for Brother Larry and only wish he was still alongside us growing these wonderful fish. I know that he would be giving us all a run for the money if not for his most unfortunate incident.

Good luck Brother Victor and David. And still thinking of Brother Larry often as I'm feeding Eri.

Best,

Grant
    Blessed Day Brother Grant

Brother Vic will be geting his hands on some FD Food this weekend I hope , and there should be a few more months for bulking up the Muskoiteers ... . This is just the first season .... .

I'm looking at some growth in my muskoiteer here too !!! BEWARE !!

David

Comment

Hey guys (brothers) hehehe
      Are you guys competing in like a koi grow out show????
      Sorry if I missed something in an earlier post....
      Curious if there was a date you all was comming together to compare apples and oranges. See who has grown the biggest and best koi?
      I would love to go to some Koi shows!
      Wished I had some of you experts closer to me! I don't think there are any REAL serious koi enthusiest close to me. Next year I might have to go on a road trip and see how some REAL koi are suppose to look!
      God bless!!!!
      -Mike

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSoon View Post
        Blessed Day Brother Grant

Brother Vic will be geting his hands on some FD Food this weekend I hope , and there should be a few more months for bulking up the Muskoiteers ... . This is just the first season .... .

I'm looking at some growth in my muskoiteer here too !!! BEWARE !!

David
        Oh I'm worried Brother David. Trust me. While my pond is very good for my koi, I don't have the water quality that you do, and I certainly don't have the feeding schedule either. I'm trying to decide if I want to take Eri to my club's koi show this Sept. 10th. I don't want to hinder her growth but I'd really like to share her with the rest of my club... Decisions decisions....

Originally posted by rifraf View Post
        Hey guys (brothers) hehehe
        Are you guys competing in like a koi grow out show????
        Sorry if I missed something in an earlier post....
        Curious if there was a date you all was comming together to compare apples and oranges. See who has grown the biggest and best koi?
        I would love to go to some Koi shows!
        Wished I had some of you experts closer to me! I don't think there are any REAL serious koi enthusiest close to me. Next year I might have to go on a road trip and see how some REAL koi are suppose to look!
        God bless!!!!
        -Mike
        Hey Mike,

The grow out will be just an online thing here at Bito. We're all just looking for bragging rights and more importantly an education on koi development. We all have similar koi, and we're all feeding similar food. Genetics are still going to play a large role in the results but we'll be able to compare husbandry practices and the differences that they have made between the koi involved. It will be interesting because we all live in very different climates which in turn provide very different growing opportunities. I have a more 4 season approach to growing koi in that there is a long fasting period in winter so I would expect my kohaku to be smaller than the rest, but I also think mine might have the best beni due to less growth? No way to know for sure but it will be fun and educational.

Next year Brother David and some of his friends from his side of the world are planning on attending the Northern California show and I'm planning on bringing Eri with me to show so that he can see her again. So it's on me to do the best I can with her!

Grant

Comment

Good Day Brother Grant and Brother Victor

Just in case you guys missed the video I just posted on the other thread on preparation and beefing the fishes in Skylar's Pond for our coming 2nd NHA Show in Singapore .... You can spot the muskoiteer beefing her way up now !!!

Skylar's Pond - The 5th month - YouTube

Challenging enough ???

David

Comment

Uhmm Victor??

We'd better get going on Oyster Cookies and cheeseburgers (worked for me to bulk up)

Awesome video Brother David. I won't be around the computer for a while, I'm going to go feed Eri around the clock. Does anyone know where I can purchase steroids for koi?

Grant

Comment

Brother David,

Thanks for sharing the progress of your Skylar's pond with us. They all have awesome body lines. Looking at the Muskoiteer, is that the same fish? Surely, she's bulking up quite a bit, specially her hump. Do you plan to bring her to 2nd NHA?

On the other note, i noticed that in this Skylar's pond you have water returned top-down compared with Paul's pond, under water returned horizontally. Would they work any differently? Will it reduce the turbulence or the airlift would be enough?

Hey Grant - looks like that brother David is trying to make us work harder. Let's stock up our oyster Cookies and Cheeseburgers.

Cheers,
              Vic.

Comment

Give it some protein shakes
                So far I like Victors koi, all three looks promising!

Comment

Thanks Sratha - u got good eyes .... My little Kohaku got a fan now.

Grant - congratulations on Eri's 1st achievement!

Originally posted by SRATHA View Post
                  Give it some protein shakes
                  So far I like Victors koi, all three looks promising!

Comment

Originally posted by ikoi View Post
                    Thanks Sratha - u got good eyes .... My little Kohaku got a fan now.

Grant - congratulations on Eri's 1st achievement!
                    Bro Vic,
                    Im surely a fan of that koi, my personal preference in terms of pattern.
                    From what I know, Bro David is going to give you guys a tough time with the level of sheer dedication to his pond.
                    To quote Bro David, I think Bro Grant's kohaku has a very tricky pattern, however the body line is top notch.
                    Am in for the final result!

Comment

Just an updated pic courtesy of Michael Hernandez of Tomigai food. He was a judge at our most recent show and was kind enough to take a ton of pictures. (good pictures)

Grant
                      Attached Files

Comment

Brother David, the MousKoiTeers and all,

Recently i dismantled my pond and one of the brothers (Dr. David Tran) helps me keeping my koi for now in the QT pond.

Yesterday, we bowled this New Smile Kohaku and here's the update of how she looks now. Will do a more "official" video when we do the GO comparison.

How do you like her development? She's ~70cm now. I think she got the FD food and oyster cookies effect on her bodyline after the recent months.

Cheers,
                        Vic.

Comment

She is looking super nice, Vic

Comment

Impressive !!! Truly impressive Brother Vic

I surrender !! I truly surrender
                            Trust me , my 3 step Kohaku can't stand up to your Kohaku this year .
                            You had truly brought out the beautiful & awesome body of this New Smile .

Nevertheless , I will still try to take a short video on the slow progress of my New Smile . I hope it can come close to your New Smile next year ... .

Good Job and Great effort Brother Vic ... I'm truly impressed ...

David

Comment

Thanks Powerman! I'm glad that you like her!

Originally posted by powerman View Post
                              She is looking super nice, Vic

Comment

Thanks brother David! It's very encouraging. Without the FD food, i don't think she can look this massive, brother.

Cheers,
                                Vic.

Originally posted by DavidSoon View Post
                                Impressive !!! Truly impressive Brother Vic

I surrender !! I truly surrender
                                Trust me , my 3 step Kohaku can't stand up to your Kohaku this year .
                                You had truly brought out the beautiful & awesome body of this New Smile .

Nevertheless , I will still try to take a short video on the slow progress of my New Smile . I hope it can come close to your New Smile next year ... .

Good Job and Great effort Brother Vic ... I'm truly impressed ...

David

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                                Working...
                                X