Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Soon and The MousKoiteers

Hey Guys,

Just for cleanliness, I thought we could start a thread here where we could list all the info for our koi and compare our results over time.

I'm going to grab Brother David's info and post it then I'll put mine up. Hopefully brother Vic and Larry will do the same.

Grant

Brother David's Koi

Species : 3 step Kohaku
    Bloodline : New Smile
    Farm : Sakai FF
    Size : 64bu

Pond : 2.6 meter ( width ) x 8.3 meter ( Length ) x 0.75 meter ( Depth ) excluding filteration .

Water : City water
    Temp : 22.5 to 24 deg celcius - Chiller Assist .
    activity : 15 hours a day . - Light Assist .
    Duration : 365 days of summer .
    Pond TO : 4 cycle an hour .
    Population : 23 fishes of various sizes ( from 48bu to 92bu )

Food : FD Primo Plus & FD Color-up , Produce in Japan .
    Type : Sinking Pallets .

Comment

Grant's Koi

Species : 2 step kohaku
      Bloodline : Love Queen
      Size : 68bu

Pond : 8' wide, 12' long, 6' deep excluding filtration. (2.4M wide, 3.6M long, 1.8M deep) Approx. 6000 gallons.

Temp : Wide temp range throughout the year. Will update once I have the pond covered and an idea of where I can keep the temp.
      activity : Outdoor, no artificial lighting
      Duration : 4 months of each season, will fast annually for 60 days in winter.
      Pond TO : 2 cycle an hour .
      Population : 9 fishes of various sizes ( from 40bu to 68bu )

Food : Tomigai growth, Saki Hikari Color, Nozomi All Season Wheat Germ
      Type : Floating pellets .

Comment

Grant, Your "Growing Season" is really going to hurt you. Your up against David and that Larry guy from OK who enjoys a much longer Season.

I'm pulling for you, Increase those water changes and "Grow Baby Grow" !!!

Troy
        President : GLK&GS
        Officer : NMZNA
        Certified Judge : AKJA

Comment

some people always say the sibling and such will catch up so hopefully will see what happens down the road in the 3-5 years also
          Paul Korf

member of:
          Midwest Pond and Koi Society
          Louisville Koi club
          IKONA

Comment

We'll see Troy... pretty stiff competition.. but I'll give 'em a run

Grant

Comment

Originally posted by gcuss View Post

Grant

Besides the water changes , I remember a guy years ago who Won GC at the BKKS , he fed his koi 25 times a day .

Ton's of Air ! , You can do this !
              President : GLK&GS
              Officer : NMZNA
              Certified Judge : AKJA

Comment

Originally posted by gcuss View Post

Grant
                Blessed Sunday Brother Grant

I actually felt a little intimidated by the majestic bodyline and beni quality of brother Larry's Kohaku , as well as the longish and beautiful shiroji Kohaku that comes with the tricky beni pattern which is yours . I have not seen the clear video of Brother's Victor Kohaku as yet .....

I promise .... I will still be able to live up to the challenge ... Will give you a good run as well !!!!

Have a Blessed Palm Sunday .

David

Comment

Hello brothers,

Sorry for a late reply since I've just got back from the East Coast (business trip.) I know i'm competing with 3 big brothers here hehehe... Please save the 4th place for me.

------------------------------------
                  Victor's Koi

Species : 4-step Kohaku
                  Bloodline : New Smile
                  Size : 67bu

Pond : 5' ( width ) x 16' ( Length ) x 4' ( Depth ) excluding filtration .

Temp : Warm, except Nov.-Mar.
                  activity : Outdoor in Northern California
                  Duration : May-Oct.
                  Pond TO : 2 cycle an hour .
                  Population : 7 fish of various sizes ( from 15bu to 67bu )

Food : Saki hikari (multi-season/color), hi-silk21, tomigai and Oyster cookies.
                  Type : Floating Pallets & Oyster cookies

Sorry for the video in the dark when she's just out of the bag.

Cheers,
                  Vic.

Comment

Freshly baked cookies...

Hello brothers,

Cookies are ready for the babies. (i broke another blender - luckily it's not the one that i took from the kitchen.)

Cheers,
                    Vic.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ikoi View Post
                      Hello brothers,

Cookies are ready for the babies. (i broke another blender - luckily it's not the one that i took from the kitchen.)

Cheers,
                      Vic.

Great Effort Brother Vic

I have to admire you for putting in so much effort in providing the best food for your kois . Brother Grant is using Dainichi Original , product of FD Food , for the first time , while I'm using FD Primo Plus ( 50 pct ) and FD Color Up ( 50 pct ) throughout for my mouskiteer ... . I'm not sure what brother Larry feeds so far , but believe to be some krills and fresh fruit ?? Will see the developement of these 4 fishes this November / December when you guys are ready to pull them in for winter ..

Can't wait to see the 4 developement ..

David

Comment

I don't want to start counting my chickens before they hatch but visually it seems to me that Eri is growing quite well...

Crossing my fingers that my greenhouse (sorta... ) coupled with the fantastic food David gave me is going to have me up front.

I feel terrible for Brother Larry and only wish he was still alongside us growing these wonderful fish. I know that he would be giving us all a run for the money if not for his most unfortunate incident.

Good luck Brother Victor and David. And still thinking of Brother Larry often as I'm feeding Eri.

Best,

Grant

Comment

Brother Grant,

Very nice to hear that Eri is growing well. As we could see from brother David's videos, his Muskoiteer Kohaku is awesomely well too. That leaves my little baby behind hehehe... let me beef her up a bit.

I hope brother Larry is doing well too. Is he on vacation or something?

Cheers,
                          Vic.

Comment

Wow! I was reading this thread and seen Grant post (sorry about Larry's unfortunate incident).
                            I have read this forum for average 2 hours a day for the last 3 months. I knew right away who "Larry" was. I first thought something had happen to him. So I started searching. Finally found his thread about his fish. I spent the next 2 hours reading all the great comments from all the koi hobbiest from this forum.
                            Glad to hear it wasn't him, but WOW very sad story he lost all his fish overnight due to lack of oxygen.
                            Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to root for Grant to win this one! He has helped me DRAMTICALLY in my pond build! GO GRANT! haha
                            And goodluck to you others!
                            -Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike for supporting our little GO. Looks like that Brother David and i need to work on recruiting some fans like American idols to support our Kohaku babies.

Vic.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X