• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garyh
    replied
    Originally posted by rifraf View Post
    Hey guys (brothers) hehehe
    Are you guys competing in like a koi grow out show????
    Sorry if I missed something in an earlier post....
    Curious if there was a date you all was comming together to compare apples and oranges. See who has grown the biggest and best koi?
    I would love to go to some Koi shows!
    Wished I had some of you experts closer to me! I don't think there are any REAL serious koi enthusiest close to me. Next year I might have to go on a road trip and see how some REAL koi are suppose to look!
    God bless!!!!
    -Mike
    Hi Rifraf - While reading through this forum I saw your post and wanted you to know there is at least one serious koi keeper in Utah. I live in Lindon and have been keeping and showing koi for the last 15 years.

Leave a comment:

• ikoi
    replied
    New Smile Update...

May i share the update of the New Smile Kohaku? After 3 months of fasting, she toned down a bit compared to the last video. Hope u like her...

Cheers,
    Vic.

Leave a comment:

• PapaBear
    replied
    You'll have more luck with these type of questions in the Main Forum, but T.O. is Turn Over (how often the entire volume of the pond is circulated through the filters and back into the pond). If you have a 10,000 gallon pond and your T.O. cycles 2 times per hour that means you are pumping 20,000 gallons per hour through your filter system.

Leave a comment:

• thanhsonnguyen
    replied
    hi all, i'm new i'm have quetion

Pond TO : 2 cycle an hour what this mean

Leave a comment:

• powerman
    replied
    Very nice Sanke... I'm sure this will light a fire under the project of re-building... enjoy!

Oh and I can verify that Grant is excellent at making sure no beer can get warm in it's bottle

Leave a comment:

• gcuss
    replied
    It appears as though we again have a four person marathon!! YES!

Larry, very good to hear from you sir. Glad all is well, and while you're busy at work, these things allow us to indulge in our little "hobbies" such as koi...

The offer is standing for help when you're ready to get to work outside. I'm not the expert you are, but I'm darn good at the grunt work, and I'm very good at ensuring no opened beer gets a chance to become warm in it's bottle.

All the best, and thank you again to Brother Soon for all he does for this hobby and for our marathon.

Grant

Leave a comment:

• ikoi
    replied
    Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
    If I say yes to either of them (I really like #2) she would be "homeless" until spring A homeless Sanke of such beauty would be a crime, and I've been trying to avoid criminal behavior
    Uncle Larry,

How can u be bz with the absence of the Koi around?

I know u would pick #2. Brother David has shared his views to pick the jumbo. I also think #2 will grow to a magical length. I'm worried for my NewSmile baby. So now you're back in the race, 2012 will be fun. Shall we name her the "homeless Sanke"?

Cheers,
    Vic.

Leave a comment:

• DavidSoon
    replied
    Can you tell I've been busy? I didn't even realize this post was here...
    My apologies for the late reply

This is all a bit overwhelming Brother.
    I feel very undeserving of anything, much less another beautiful gift like this.

Here is my situation at the moment. My time has been so overwhelmed by work that dismantling my old pond is as far as I've gotten and rebuilding has yet to begin. We are rapidly approaching winter here and my schedule shows no signs of letting up until sometime in February, which is usually our coldest month.

If I say yes to either of them (I really like #2) she would be "homeless" until spring A homeless Sanke of such beauty would be a crime, and I've been trying to avoid criminal behavior
    Good Day Brother Larry

It's been a long time ... You know I will always be there for you Brother .. I will inform Momotaro to keep the fishes till late Febuary or early March to ship Sanke 2 to you and believe with her size now at 65cm , it would still be a fair run for all of us ?? Sanke 2 is a grower ... she will catch up by November 2012 ...

I Wished all well ...

David

Leave a comment:

• PapaBear
    replied
    Originally posted by DavidSoon View Post
    Good Day Brother Larry

It's been a long time since we last heard from you Brother ...
    Have you restarted your pond ?? Ready to come back in the race ??

This is a marathon brother . I gonna put you back into the race brother .
    Pick one of these 2 when you're ready and you're back in the race ...
    not gonna have you out of the race .... .

These 2 Sanke were just harvested last week from Momotaro and they're still there , and they are now 64-65cm Sansai . Not far from where we are ... . Brother Grant and me , raised our white flag this year , so next year , we will have you back in the running ???

Awaits your acceptance brother ...

David
    Can you tell I've been busy? I didn't even realize this post was here...
    My apologies for the late reply

This is all a bit overwhelming Brother.
    I feel very undeserving of anything, much less another beautiful gift like this.

Here is my situation at the moment. My time has been so overwhelmed by work that dismantling my old pond is as far as I've gotten and rebuilding has yet to begin. We are rapidly approaching winter here and my schedule shows no signs of letting up until sometime in February, which is usually our coldest month.

Leave a comment:

• Tosai_Sunny
    replied
    Sorry to have been away so long, but I am well, and happy to see that my brothers are sharing beauty and success with everyone. Great jobs with all of them not only in growth but maintaining their most important quality of skin and color.

Carry On
    Hi Brother Larry,

It's been too quiet without you around here. I am glad to hear you are doing well. Hope to see you start posting again soon. You have alot to contribute to our hobby. We(Bito'ers) need you back Brother! As for the two sankes that Brother David offerred to you, I like the first one. You are not too far from me. So, let me know if you need me to babysit her until you get your pond ready again for the race. Would that be considered cheating?

Best Regards,
    Sunny

Leave a comment:

• ikoi
    replied
    Brother David always surprises us. Uncle Larry - u better get back into the race, so we can team up and run against brother David and Grant for the next few years. This marathon is so great and enjoyful!

Have a great week everyone!

Cheers,
    Vic.

Leave a comment:

• nguyen4
    replied
    Nice fish, brother David. You are a lucky ones, brother PapaBear.

Leave a comment:

• DavidSoon
    replied
    Sorry to have been away so long, but I am well, and happy to see that my brothers are sharing beauty and success with everyone. Great jobs with all of them not only in growth but maintaining their most important quality of skin and color.

Carry On
    Good Day Brother Larry

It's been a long time since we last heard from you Brother ...
    Have you restarted your pond ?? Ready to come back in the race ??

This is a marathon brother . I gonna put you back into the race brother .
    Pick one of these 2 when you're ready and you're back in the race ...
    not gonna have you out of the race .... .

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ryujin 15 - Dec 2010 Momotaro auction.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	230924

These 2 Sanke were just harvested last week from Momotaro and they're still there , and they are now 64-65cm Sansai . Not far from where we are ... . Brother Grant and me , raised our white flag this year , so next year , we will have you back in the running ???

Awaits your acceptance brother ...

David

Leave a comment:

• PapaBear
    replied
    Originally posted by ikoi View Post
    Brother Grant,

We're running this fun race together. Brother David said we'll be enjoying this in a few more years ahead of us. btw, where's Uncle Larry? I haven't heard from him lately. Hope he's doing well!

Cheers,
    Vic.

Carry On

Leave a comment:

• ikoi
    replied
    Brother Grant,

We're running this fun race together. Brother David said we'll be enjoying this in a few more years ahead of us. btw, where's Uncle Larry? I haven't heard from him lately. Hope he's doing well!

Cheers,
    Vic.

Leave a comment:

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
Working...
X