Pond temp at 6 month photo:76F
    Pond temp at final photo:

Pond Info
    Gallons: Q-Tank = 1250gal/Main Pond 9800gal
    Stocking rate: Q-Tank = 6 fish/Main Pond 23 fish
    Filtration:Main = Ultima 20000/mech filter + 2 chamber mech/bio system
    Liner Type:Main=Gunite/QT=liner
    Turnover rate: Main=1:1.5hrs/QT=40min.
    Dimensions: Main = Freeform L shape: approx. 41'length X Avg. 10' W X 3-5' depth
    Water changes per week: 1in winter/2 in summer
    Amount of water changed %:10-15%

Food Info
    Brand and Type fed: OSI Growth all year/Add HiSilk in summer above 70F

Owner Info
    Years in hobby: 43
    Years buying show koi: 10
    Zone:10
    State:California

Fun Stuff
    Koi 1 sex guess when received: Female
    Koi 2 sex guess when received: XX
    :
    Koi 1 name: Tennessee Tuxedo
    Koi 2 name: Willy(deceased)
    :
    Attached Files

I posted the pics of the fish upon arrival. I would have posted individual pics, but like a dummy, I didn't check the quality of the photos before releasing them into the q-tank and they were very blurry. These two photos show a clean shot of both together. One hasn't changed much from the original photos done by Shawn, but the other has changed a bit. The sumi has come up more on the nose and the shiroji on the back half has become cleaner and brighter. I think T.T. as she will be called for short (Tennessee Tuxedo) is going to finish faster than Willy (Free Willy), as I think it will look more like a killer whale than a Shiro (LOL) is going to. Just my guess, but right now, I'm really liking both but my fave has to be T.T.!

If your browser works like mine did, click on the photos again once loaded to enlarge and then click a third time to enlarge more. Hope it works.

Mike

Comment

Nice choices, Mike. I like TT best but once Willy starts strutting his stuff, you might be surprised.

Is your pond a retro pool? It sounds huge.
      The views expressed above are my own personal views and, as such, do not necessarily reflect the views of the AKCA or the KHA program.
      SANDY

Comment

Remember, Tennessee Tuxedo will not fail!! And hopefully Will will not free himself!

Very nice picks! Looking forward to seeing how they change.

Comment

Originally posted by kntry View Post
          Nice choices, Mike. I like TT best but once Willy starts strutting his stuff, you might be surprised.

Is your pond a retro pool? It sounds huge.
          Yes, it's just short of 10k gallons. Here's a pic of it
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by KoiCCAPW View Post
            Remember, Tennessee Tuxedo will not fail!! And hopefully Will will not free himself!

Very nice picks! Looking forward to seeing how they change.
            Hi Barb,

Thanks! Yeah, short of "jumping out" I actually hope he frees up his color to show off what's underneath.Time will tell. I really thought it was a female when I first picked it, but IF you can judge ANYTHING by the pecs, it probably is a male! If it is a girl, then I'll change the name to Wilhemena - LOL/JK

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by koiczar View Post
              Yes, it's just short of 10k gallons. Here's a pic of it
              Mike,
              Nice pond. I like the looks and the greens around it.
              Michael

Comment

Originally posted by gspotmc View Post
                Mike,
                Nice pond. I like the looks and the greens around it.
                Michael
                Thanks Michael. Maybe next time you're up this way you can pay a visit.

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,,, I liked Willy (#16).... and I still like her/him ♪.

Comment

Thanks Junichi. Yeah, I think this fish has some promise. Now, just up to me to bring out it's best.

Mike

Comment

From my limited eye

Mike,

I "think" I see a lot of potential in Willy. With the banding coming, that wll be a contender.

Wishing you (and all the rest, so I do not step on any toes) the best in the grow-out contest.

LP
                      “In times like these men should utter nothing for which they would not be willingly responsible through time and in eternity.”

Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Lomaponder View Post
                        Mike,

I "think" I see a lot of potential in Willy. With the banding coming, that wll be a contender.

Wishing you (and all the rest, so I do not step on any toes) the best in the grow-out contest.

LP
                        Thanks LP. I too wish everyone in the contest a lot of luck. It sure will be an interesting year, to say the least.

Several of the folks who had shipped fish through me picked their's up this morning I must say, I have enjoyed the short time they have been here as I have enjoyed studying them a bit. It will be fun to see what stage of development they are at when we post our next photos in June/July. I'm especially interested in the ones who show totally submerged sumi at this point.

Mike

Comment

I've got to agree wholeheartedly on how interesting it will be to watch others grow along with our own. Seeing the way sumi rises and fall on different skin, shiroji, and sumi types should give us all an educational treat
                          Larry Iles
                          Oklahoma

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
                            I've got to agree wholeheartedly on how interesting it will be to watch others grow along with our own. Seeing the way sumi rises and fall on different skin, shiroji, and sumi types should give us all an educational treat
                            You betcha!

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBear View Post
                              Or an educational nightmare... *LOL* Here I am telling everyone how I think the koi will turn out and for all intents and purposes, I have absolutely no clue.

I'm flying by the seat of my intuitional pants, so the more I hear from you guys and everyone in the growout, the more I can measure the fault or accuracy of what I "think."

Mike, I really like that Willy fish. Got a great bod. But I feel there's something extra special in TT. Sure would like an extreme close up of both their skins to see. I know, that's not so easy done....

I'm glad you're doing this growout and I'll be visiting your thread often to learn from you.

Ciao for now,
                              Marie
                              Marie

http://www.koi-bito.com/forum/koi-gr...wout-form.html

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and
                              paints his own nature into his pictures."
                              --Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X