• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meg
    replied
    6 years so it's up date time!
    she grew! a solid 28 inches. Nice!
    sumi never has come in nice, only ink and deep along the dorsal. and only shadows on the face.
    The clincher is it has become apparent as she has gotten large that her head/skull is curved. I noticed last summer something was wrong with the shape of her left eye and this year I can tell it is because her skull is warped. Shame because I would have put up with the poor pattern because her conformation was wonderful, notice that is all in past term.
    She went to a new home today, a fellow hobbiest that has always coveted her
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Meg
    replied
    Originally posted by powerman View Post
    your fish turned out nice....i think the sumi will keep on coming in and be high quality......and your pictures are working...i couldn't get mine to upload...
    WELL THAT IS ENCOURAGING
    the koi does have nice sumi drippin from that left eye and sumi on the left pec
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• powerman
    replied
    your fish turned out nice....i think the sumi will keep on coming in and be high quality......and your pictures are working...i couldn't get mine to upload...

Leave a comment:

• Meg
    replied
    sweet! pictures are loading now
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Meg
    replied
    LukeFish was bowled and measured today
    a respectable 16 inches
    my hope is in a year or so the face will whiten a tad more and there will be that pretty drip of sumi running drown from the left eye, the sash of shiro across the shoulders is very clean and all in all not a complaint for the second to the last picks. I can't wait to see Jim's Fluffy

pixs won't up load

Leave a comment:

• Meg
    replied
    Originally posted by mstrseed View Post
    Looks like a pouty face...................so feed the poe thang..............
    Looking better...............
    looking better when the picture is of it's good side!
    but can it get any more boring than this?
    (mind you it does have great luster to it's skin, this puppy does shine, all that white along the dorsal is reflections))
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• luke frisbee
    replied
    Originally posted by Meg View Post
    age? maturty? being as this is my first shiro I don't have a clue as to when or what has the sumi rise, though I do know it comes with time(age). and having said that I was wondering if it is the first winter/fall's temp changes or the kois first winter(age) itself that causes the changes we see. Guess you don't know Luke, glad it gave you a giggle

so, how are your grow outs coming along Luke?
    meg,
    the "age" thing in this hobby is measured in years, not months..so yes you gave me a giggle
    tehehehehhe (in my Homer Simpson voice)

Leave a comment:

• luke frisbee
    replied
    you'll have to ask mickey. You remember?

Leave a comment:

• Meg
    replied
    age? maturty? being as this is my first shiro I don't have a clue as to when or what has the sumi rise, though I do know it comes with time(age). and having said that I was wondering if it is the first winter/fall's temp changes or the kois first winter(age) itself that causes the changes we see. Guess you don't know Luke, glad it gave you a giggle

so, how are your grow outs coming along Luke?

Leave a comment:

• luke frisbee
    replied
    Age?
    you think it is "age" thta might be causing the sumi to come in...
    LOL
    so how old is it?
    roflmhao

Leave a comment:

• mstrseed
    replied
    Looks like a pouty face...................so feed the poe thang..............
    Looking better...............

Leave a comment:

• Meg
    replied
    is the sumi returning with age or the cooler temps of fall.....or both?
    thoughts?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Meg
    replied
    just because
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Meg
    replied
    got one decent picture of LukeFish today, he is getting big! I believe he has grown since we submitted our 6 month pixs! has now out grown my Brady Sanke I got May '07!

and I played with a picture for Marie, I think you have me addicted Marie!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Meg
    replied
    6 month offical update photo.
    bowled today the lovely (?) LukeFish #149, pick 151b
    measures in at a full 10 inches.
    only a shadow of a black eye of sumi left on that one eye....think it will return?
    the heavey sumi on the back half of the fish is breaking up, perhaps there is a pattern....or just a mess?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
Working...
X