No announcement yet.

Dtran6's ogata showa growout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here's my growout's sister also from Ogata.....don't worry she's not part of the growout ......just wanted to share....comments welcome
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dtran6 View Post
      Updated pics of the Ogata growout showa..didn't realize how big the fish has gotten until I bowled it.....fish is at 14.5" right now. I'm very happy so far....just waiting and hoping for more sumi to show up around the head area

Just beautiful Dtran growth is really impressive, but hi looks a little light from the previous pictures or is it just the lighting and angles. Sumi looks like it's beginning to come out really good and the body seems to be putting out good mass I very impressed.

Comment

I'm thinking it might be the lighting Tom....thanks

Comment

I about feel off my chair when I saw the size on the other Ogata showa. What’s her age and length?

Comment

Originally posted by Kristine View Post
            I about feel off my chair when I saw the size on the other Ogata showa. What’s her age and length?
            Kristine, she's 16"+ same age as our growouts.....bought it from eastern to be shipped with my growout

Comment

Kristine, she's 16"+ same age as our growouts.....bought it from eastern to be shipped with my growout
              That was a good idea and a nice choice. Both your showas look great!

Comment

Here it is..final growth of 16.5".....overall, it was a great learning experience....any predictions on this showa?
                Attached Files

Comment

Here it is..final growth of 16.5".....overall, it was a great learning experience....any predictions on this showa?
                  Hey david your koi is looking really good. Everything seems to be in place good body, good skin, beni looks so rich and shiroji is white. You also have very good growth. I don't know if mine are as good as yours. I want to bowl them up and take pics to post, but temp is way to high and I worry I would stress them out. I'm waiting for temp to drop a little and then bowl them. Great job koi looks like it still has good potential.

Comment

thanks for your critique Tom...can't wait to see yours

Comment

Hi David, nice showa. Did you confirm the sex of the fish yet? The beni looks good and hasnt really stretched much from growing, which is a good thing. You'll see more sumi come up later which will balance out the over all look of the fish. Shiroji on the head has gotten better, so I would expect it to be a clean milky white by winter time. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Tony
                      The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Tony,

Thanks...what's your guess on the sex?

Comment

here's an update of my showa...still not able to sex it yet...looks to be 19-20".
                          Attached Files

Comment

here's an update of my showa...still not able to sex it yet...looks to be 19-20".
                            maybe male because it looks yellow and hasn't shown a belly
                            sigpic

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                            Working...
                            X