MAKC Koi America 2010 cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAKC Koi America 2010 cancelled

Please see the first post here http://www.koi-bito.com/forum/club-n...t-24-26-a.html

Koi-Unit

ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Originally posted by jnorth View Post
    It saddens me to hear this. We all know the current economic situation is difficult for everyne including dealers, breeders, and hobbyists. I hope other clubs will continue to do the best and working harder between dealers/breeders and hobbyists to support the hobby and koi shows...

Here in NorCal, we have the upcoming Camellia Koi show in September and ZNA NorCal in November. We are trying out best to have another great ZNA koi show. BTW, we open our hearts to welcome you all to attend our shows.

Best,
    --Dinh

Comment

What a bummer. What happens to the judges both international & domestic that already made their flight reservations?

Comment

Cancellation

It is a shame, we were really looking forward to coming, I was going to make our room reservations this weekend. I am thankful that they got the word out. We'll be looking for next falls show doubly so now.

I feel for all those who have already put so much work in, its got to be rough on them. Their efforts are appreciated anyhow, I look forward to 2011.

Jake

Oswego, NY
        We are all in this together
        Jake Levi
        Oswego, NY

Comment

Hotel res. has been made for months ...glad the plane ticket wasn't booked...that would have wasted $$$....unfortunately the timing is lousy for me for the Potomac show...withdrawal symptoms coming up.

Comment

Major Bummer......I'm sure this was a very hard decision for them to make.
            Glad you hadn't already gotten your plane ticket Graham.
            Jake, I was looking forward to meeting you.....next year, I hope.

Comment

I am very sad to hear this news. I am sure this was a very difficult decision made reluctantly out of necessity. I feel bad for everyone that has put so many hours into planning this event. I was so very much looking forward to visiting this show again and seeing many koi friends.

With the current economy squeezing from both directions costs going up and income going down it is tougher than I can remember to cut costs enough to balance with the expected lower anticipated income. Finding less costly venues and cutting back where possible on other expenses are a real necessity going forward.
              Disclosure:These opinions are based on my experience and conversations with persons I consider accomplished koi keepers and do not reflect the viewpoint of any organization.

Comment

This would have been the 22nd MAKC show and this is the first time we have missed pulling off a show ( even tho we have had some close calls in the past we were always able to get it together in the past).

As soon as I hear from a show chairman I will contact the judges in Japan, it is a huge embarrassment for our chapter of course but I'm sure the Japanese judges will be more concerned about the future of our chapter than their cancelation fee or airline credit.

I have not heard offically from MAKC as to the cancellation , but I want to express my concern and support for the future of the chapter. These are very difficult times for organized koi in general. As vendors are hurting with the economy and air travel is down to a trickle. Sales are down and advertising is down. ( if you look back a year on this board you will see my concerns back then in several threads).
                I just had an email conversation with one of our ZNA leaders in the west and we both agree we need to bring in new active members. This is a time to build 'depth' within the ZNA chapters, AKCA clubs and national/International judging programs. We know the problems-- it is time for solutions.
                As District Chairman of ZNA in North America, I welcome all suggestions and support in turning these times around. Please send your suggestions, opinions and pledge of support or donation of time/talent to [email protected]
                JR

Comment

The economic picture for the next six mos is dismal, being kind, after that,congress should be getting their act together, I think Nov 2 results will encourage Wall St , but it wont turn around til this time next year. Just my own personal gut feelings, which doesnt put a penny in the bank for others.

My personal signature line on my email says' Nov 2 is take out the trash time'.

If Jim deletes this I will understand, but my point is WE can turn this around so there are no show cancelations in 2011 but great expectations.

I feel very bad about this just as a newbie, I was looking forward to meeting so many here at the show, but hope to meet some in Oct at the Koi Harvest in NJ.

I do feel for those who have put so much into this year's show. Lets prepare for next year.

Jake

Oswego, NY
                  we are all in this together
                  Last edited by Jake Levi; 08-07-2010, 08:19 AM. Reason: spelling
                  Jake Levi
                  Oswego, NY

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                  Working...
                  X