Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What resolution do you browse at?

Folks,

The new site design is under way, and I'd like to get a quick count from everyone as to what screen resolution they are browsing at.

Please take part in this poll and choose your screen resolution that your computer is using.

Many thanks,
    1152 x 864 or higher
    33.87%
    1024 x 768
    54.84%
    800 x 600
    11.29%
    640 x 480
    0.00%
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Ok, I must explain myself here.

I like browsing in a window. The websites that do this best are formatted for 800x600. Larger sites, formatted for 1024x768 usually, bug me because I must maximize the browser window to use the website.

My desktop resolutions run 1024x768 on the 17" monitor, some oddball size on the 15.4" widescreen laptop (1280x768?), and 1280x1024 on the 19" monitors. Most of the time I'm browsing here using the 17" or the laptop...

Comment

Laptop resolution is 1280 x 800. Didn't see that in the poll above. It's a 15.4 inch widescreen.

Comment

I have no idea!

I wonder how many do......

Comment

Originally posted by mrbradleybradley
          I have no idea!

I wonder how many do......
          It will make a big difference in the new site. Any techies want to help out for Windoze users?
          Brian Sousa
          Koi-Bito Forum

Comment

Directions for finding the resolution on your MS Windows PC.

1. Click the start button
            2. Depending on OS choose settings-control panel or just control panel
            3. Once in control panel choose (depending on os) Apperance and Themes-Display or just Display
            4. Then click the settings tab.
            5. Note the resolution and choose from the above options .
            Koi-Unit

ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Comment

800 pixels-wide window is my favorite size for browsing the web.
              Arthur

Comment

I browse at full screen but only 800x600. This way I can sit back in an easy chair several feet away and do not need my reading glasses.

-steve

Comment

Brian, what new application are you goin to introduce to website?
                  The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Thanks to Jnorth I finally am able to find out my resolution. It is 1280 x 1024.

But there is a moveable tab just below the resolution numbers. So I presume it can be changed. Since I am so unlearned in computer, would anyone tell me what will happen if I change the seting? Or how will it affect my computer? At the moment I dare not touch it yet!

Comment

Originally posted by kiky
                      Thanks to Jnorth I finally am able to find out my resolution. It is 1280 x 1024.

But there is a moveable tab just below the resolution numbers. So I presume it can be changed. Since I am so unlearned in computer, would anyone tell me what will happen if I change the seting? Or how will it affect my computer? At the moment I dare not touch it yet!
                      If you have a large monitor I wouldn't change it. If have a samller monitor you could change it to a lower resolution so its easier to read. When you change it the operating system will check it for 30 seconds and ask you if you really want to change it. If the monitor cant handle the resolution it should automatically revert back after 30 seconds so no harm done.
                      Koi-Unit

ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Comment

I have a 19 in lcd monitor. Do you consider that as large, or small, Jnorth?

Comment

I think most would consider that a larger monitor.
                          Koi-Unit

ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Comment

That's it then Jnorth. I wouldnot change anything. Thanks.

Comment

Brian, I'am using a sony 23 inch at 1200 x 1920. I know most people don"t use anything that large, but please use as high a res. as you DARE...................people are starting to get larger monitors..

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X