Your largest koi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your largest koi

I would like to know how large is your largest koi. I replace almost all of my koi in the last year, so I don't have any real large ones yet. Most of my koi are 18" to 22". I have only that's about 27" and that is the largest right now.

Tom

Keep it simple, keep it straight Koi-Bito.com

Mine are all young, the largest maybe around 19". Hope to have my 3 largest (17-19" now) to the mid to high 20's by fall.
    “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed” Adolf Hitler

Chris~

Comment

Tom, my experience is similar to yours. All my biggies are down the road and the current ones i have are under 4 years of age. My sakai Asagi from magoi bloodline is up to 25 inches so I'm hopeful she'll get over 30 dispite my tiny pond.

My koi kichi's biggest one which I help each year load up for the shows ( Nightmare) is 31 inches.

I have to say from a moving or treatment concern 24 inches is a nice max size.

If you never had to touch em 36 would be nice!
      Dick Benbow

Comment

You guys are doing better than me my biggest is only 17 inches and Im trying to breed.

Comment

I have a doitsu platinum that I grew from 5" and now is 28"....That's my largest koi in my pond right now. Everything else measures 18"-22"...
          The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Most Are 17-18 Inches....one Kohaku Which Is 25 Inches...one Or Two Smaller 13-15 Inch. A Total Of 15 In Pond At Moment.....two Waiting To Come Home.

Comment

Since we are on the subject of koi can anyone tell me what a koi is called year after year. What I mean is like, what is Tategoi?

Comment

ah, how can i pass up another chance to tell the world of my pride and joy. a 36-37" (92cm) soragoi which i grew from 20" and is not yet yonsai.
                the way she eats up her food, thank goodness Saki Hikari here doesn't cost what it does in the States.

Comment

Soelistyo: I would love to see such a large Soragoi. I very much prefer them over Chagoi.

My largest is "Junior", a low quality Hariwake hatched in my lily pond. She is now right at 28". I am hoping another will gain on her during the course of this season.

Comment

New rule for this thread, no one is aloud to post a size unless they show us a picture of it too

Comment

O.K., [email protected], here is the only pic of Junior I could find. She is special to me, but not because of how she looks!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ok, my biggest is a hosokai asagi. Some of you (especially DickB) might remember I have posted this photo before. It was a sansai, born in June 2002, measuring 67 cm in March 2005. It should reach more then 70 cm now.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ok Tom, here are some of mine, the biggets is a male Ai Goromo of 52 cm and he took 4 cm from march to now, the other are all between 30 and 35 cm and some of them are growing faster.
                          Marco
                          Attached Files

Comment

I was just about to post of my largest, but now having read the last post from Daz, I'll have to go and find some photos first!

My real dream is to have my own bred as my biggest koi. The way things are going, I'm sure this will be the case in time.
                            Maurice
                            http://www.koi-uk.co.uk

Comment

Mine is this Goshiki. I just got it so I don't have the exact measurement but its 20+ inches. My biggest that I have grown myself is a kigoi that started out at about 2 inches and is now 20 inches.
                              Koi-Unit

ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X