Camellia Koi Show Is ON !!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camellia Koi Show Is ON !!!!!!!!

It's official, I got my entry packet last weekend. The Camellia Koi Show is "on". Talking to Garry and other hobbyists, this will be the show to attend this year for Nor-Cal. If anyone wants more info you can go to their site @ www.camelliakoi.org.

The info may not be up yet but you can email Garry or PM him on this board. His handle is SCVKOI. According to Garry they're pushing for 30+ tanks. Can't wait for October!!!

This show will be the focal point of the year being that it is the last show for Nor-Cal and the best time to show fish. I would encourage all hobbyist in the Bay Area to attend this show and support not only the Camellia Koi Club but the hobby too...
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Guys, you got the first entry forms out there.

We'll get the PDFs up on the website soonish. In the meantime let me know if you are interested (vendor or entrant) and I can put you on the email list.

CKC members will be getting the entry form PDF in email tonight.

Comment

JasonS, will there be 8' show tanks availible? There are hobbyist in the Southbay that want to bring "Big" fish but want to know if they can reserve them.

Comment

I like the show packet! Good Job and hats off to the club... Looks like there is going to be some big koi at this one...

Joe
          It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

Originally posted by aquitori
            JasonS, will there be 8" show tanks availible? There are hobbyist in the Southbay that want to bring "Big" fish but want to know if they can reserve them.
            We have very few 8' tanks available. I doubt we'll use any for show tanks.

I leave that kind of thing up to the water quality guru of N.Cal: Jim Phillips. I also think the tank loading formula is conservative. I know that Jim and his helpers will keep the water as good as possible. The club is very blessed with a large number of very experienced hobbyists and KHAs that will be assisting with the show. Any signs of trouble (and I can't recall any in the past few shows) will be caught and fixed.

That said, there is nothing wrong with putting only two large fish in a 6' tank. Extra tanks do come with a slight discount too. And large fish are very rarely ever bowled for judging, so it isn't like we need multiple big bowls for multiple tanks.

Comment

I always liked a fall show. both clubs I was involved with had originally fall shows but the October one for Puget Sound was way too cold. So it was moved back to August. I'm getting excited for the end of July when Portland has their's. I believe this is their 25th annual. Quite a record.

there for a while only local participants showed, then it seemed people from seattle would win year after year. this year i predict spokane as lugging away GC. <grin> the competition and friendship are the long suits of this competition.

I wish the Bay area stellar weather and a hotly contested race for GC with lots of wonderful koi to appreciate!
              Dick Benbow

Comment

The weather should be prime for the fish to show their true selfs..We'll try our best to get some of the hobbyist with big fish to show, but they really want to show if the people come up from So-Cal.

Comment

The weather should be prime for the fish to show their true selfs..We'll try our best to get some of the hobbyist with big fish to show, but they really want to show if the people come up from So-Cal.
                  I second that. It would certainly make it an awesome show if we can get the "big" koi participation from the So-Cal group. I'm sure the big koi from Nor-Cal are coming out for this event. It's been awhile in Cali since we've had the hobbies "heavy weights" to compete together in one show. This would certainly draw attention and make for a bigger show in the future. { I heard a rumor that the Camellia crew is already planning for their 2006 show ~ WTG }

It's not my place to, but someone should invite the So-Cal people . { or in sportsmanship terms... "call them out!!!" } Again, it's not my place to .

Comment

Originally posted by erwinsan
                    It's not my place to, but someone should invite the So-Cal people . { or in sportsmanship terms... "call them out!!!" } Again, it's not my place to .
                    Here I'll say it then, Nancy and Frank get your butts up here and bring the rest of the guys too!!!

Comment

Here I'll say it then, Nancy and Frank get your butts up here and bring the rest of the guys too!!!
                      See a lot of nice koi from so-cal folks thru the web and magazine, including Nancy and Frank's koi. Hope they can come up here so we can have a chance
                      to view in person.

Anyway, is there any "Cal koi show" instead of so-cal or nor-cal?

--Dinh

Comment

Thanks Guys

Please see event announcement under Club News.
                        The Camellia Koi Club's web-site has been updated to include links to Information Packets for Entrants and Vendors.

E-mail invites have been sent South!
                        GarryC

Comment

Hey Gary, if requested can one get a 8' show tank?

Comment

Originally posted by dinh

Anyway, is there any "Cal koi show" instead of so-cal or nor-cal?

--Dinh
                            Not to my knowledge. I know there's been talk of it in the past. But, will it happen? Maybe,... Hopefully.

Comment

Late breaking news:I Heard Dunkel was bring his "Ringers" to the show!!! So-Cal hobbyist better watchout!!! Dunkel has been quiet for 2 years and itchin' to show this year!!!!

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X