harvest pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harvest pics

OK Jaco as promised. We thinned the pond down a bit yesterday and will sort Saturday. Will get more pics after sorting.

KIEFER

Great Pics kgt1223!!!! Good looking ponds and Kohak!

Thanks....

Joe
    It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

Nice!!! Like the Kohak's, which we had something here to grow our fish out too.
      The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Wow. Looking great! How many of those ponds are you using for your koi?
        Koi-Unit

ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Comment

Hi Keifer,

Great set of pictures, tells the story nicely.

What % did you remove from the pond and roughly how many Koi was that?

I take those 4 in the vat were not from this pond, or are they the parents???????
          Regards, Bob
          ><{{{{º> ><{{{{º> ><{{{{º>
          <º}}}}>< <º}}}}><

Comment

Morning Bob

I'll guess 20 percent but wont have an acurate count until sorting tommorow.

The Kohaku pic was uploaded into this thread accidentally, but they are some of my parent stock.
            KIEFER

Comment

Originally posted by jnorth
              Wow. Looking great! How many of those ponds are you using for your koi?
              Morning Jim

I am fortunate to have two at my disposal. The second is used to return the better of the lot after culling.

Kiefer
              KIEFER

Comment

Hi Kiefer,

great stuff and all looks very existing and the pictures do show the detail great.

So where are they of to or what is your plan now if you don't mind me asking??
                Regards

Gazza

Comment

Morning Gaz All the youngsters are taken inside and placed in 5 or 6 vats were they settle in for a day or two. Afterwards, they are sorted and culled. Then, the keepers are returned to a second pond for further growing.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by kgt1223; 06-24-2005, 09:12 AM. Reason: picture to large
                  KIEFER

Comment

Great pics! And, that pond does not seem overloaded with algae. Looking forward to your sorting.

Comment

Great work Kiefer! I love the pics, gives me some good ideas as to how to get my fry from the ponds, and also what type of nets that will work. Keep me some ulgy ones for some parent stock. Ill come and get them.

Comment

great looking operation! thanks so much for allowing us to be there with you.
                        Dick Benbow

Comment

Thanks Kiefer for the update and info

i look forward to more of you fantastic pictures of the fry and koi as they develop.

keep up the good (hard) work
                          Regards

Gazza

Comment

WOW Thanks Kiefer,
                            It's like watching a soap on TV just before you get to see what really happened it's over and you must tune in again tomorrow to see the pictures of the fish.
                            Do you also find that there are more people prepared to help than what you really need. I had to lie about the day of netting the ponds to prevent too many people from comming.
                            Please keep us posted, how about a closeup of the fry just before they are removed from the net.
                            Thanks again,
                            Jaco Vorster
                            South Africa

Comment

Excellent Kiefer! These are really nice and big ponds! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see pics of the culling process and the keepers.

Diego
                              Diego Jordano
                              Cordoba, Spain
                              A.E.K. web site http://www.elkoi.com
                              pers. web site http://es.geocities.com/estanqueskois/

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X