this weekend's UK nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this weekend's UK nationals

This weekend will feature the national koi show in the United Kingdom. Some of the best koi in the world are displayed there. I do hope we have one of our board members going there and will post here!

Bill Oakley will have one of Toshio's top goromo's on display for the first time, and Mike Snaden's customer, Cliff Neale who many have read about in KB will have some surprises to unwrap.

weather there is just getting over a heat wave, which in the UK is always followed by horiffic thundershowers.

My Buddy From the UK who I gifted last Christmas with A Spokane, Washington
    Club koi shirt said he will be wearing it at the nationals. So in a way us landlocked Koi folks from the states will be there in spirit!
    Dick Benbow

Very Cool Dick, Those UK hobbyists are sure kichi! I one day would love to go to a show over that pond. Hoping some pics from many will pop up on this thread.... I know Snaden has a hip hop camera.. Oh Mike!

Joe
    It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

Hi
      Well, it's rather sad for me because finally I won't be able to attend the BKKS National Show this year , as planned.
      Last year I had a wonderful time in the show, and took many pictures that are available on the AEK web page (http://www.elkoi.com) as you might already know.
      I was planning to attend the show and produce a report with even better pictures (better camera this time) to be uploaded in the AEK web page.
      Saddly, it won't be possible.

If anyone goes to the National Show and takes nice pictures and info and is willing to share it, the AEK (Spanish Koi Keepers Society) will be more than happy to publish that material in his web page giving of course full credit to the author. Just let me know.
      All the best,
      Diego Jordano
      Chairman AEK
      [email protected]
      http://www.elkoi.com
      Diego Jordano
      Cordoba, Spain
      A.E.K. web site http://www.elkoi.com
      pers. web site http://es.geocities.com/estanqueskois/

Comment

Heres a few photos. Hope they come out ok.

Regards
        Chris
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting. Be sure to tell us what goes on.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I will be attending the show tomorrow and will try to post some pictures for you if no one has updated you.This may not be till late or even Monday as its a few hours drive....not long for you guys i know but it will be along day.

There are some pictures on some of the other site that you may wish to look at for now.

http://www.yorkshirekoi.co.uk/_forum...euron=6&page=0

Hope this helps for now

Glad you are out and about Dick and hope all is well with you & your bride
            Regards

Gazza

Comment

Thanks, for the link. Congrats to Cliff for the win... This fish are truely All-Japan Class!!!
              The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

a bad picture of a beautiful koi

this is cliff's sanke Hebee, 93cm. (Momotaro) sorry for picture only had my mobile phone. and sorry again dont have any more photos of other koi, ~But yes Bill oakley was showing his goshiki stunning bred by toshio sakai i think.
                Attached Files

Comment

Gazza,
                  Thanks for the link and your kind words.
                  Will be anxious to see some more pics and any thoughts on what it was like to be there. weather, lots of big fish, lots of gosanke, few kawari etc, your thoughts?
                  Dick Benbow

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipsar
                    Heres a few photos. Hope they come out ok.

Regards
                    Chris
                    Chris, thank you very much for sharing the pics! Any additional pictures and information will be most acknowledged.
                    Diego
                    Diego Jordano
                    Cordoba, Spain
                    A.E.K. web site http://www.elkoi.com
                    pers. web site http://es.geocities.com/estanqueskois/

Comment

Kinda interesting to see some of the fish there that graced the Japanese koi magazines. Like the big goshiki, pretty famous can count how many times it has who best in varritie in All Japan Shows.
                      The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Bill Oakleys goshiki,

john..
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks John. You can see the contribution that an asagi made in it's development. the grey reticulation is really something!
                          Dick Benbow

Comment

A friend of mine was there for the event and had some thoughts and heard some comments which I will pass along because i thought they were interesting.

water was not crystal and made the photography a little harder to get clear shots.

more and bigger fish this year over the last few

the goshiki was in the thick of things with the sanke for GC
                            Dick Benbow

Comment

Hi All as promised some shots of the show.Sorry there are not more but i spent half the time forgetting the camera and just talking Koi & Water.

It was a great day on Sunday and very nice weather,the water was not too bad in the show vats and i managed to get a few shots.I will also say there was some big koi about and some stunning quality ones at that

I must say a big thanks to all that showed as without you guys that risk the stress it would be nothing so well done

I can not remember all the koi owners names but i think if you look hard enough you may see some English ones....any idea's where they are and who they belong to.......i know its an easy one
                              Attached Files
                              Regards

Gazza

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X