What do you think of this Sanke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of this Sanke?

This Sanke is from Ogawa, 8" just wanted to get peoples opinions on this... The fish has nice Kohak pattern, Sumi is still a guessing game....
    Attached Files
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

I too like the kohaku pattern, the body is a nice shape too!
    Nor-Cal Koi Unit KOI ADDICTED AND NEED NO CURE!

Comment

I think it looks like it has some potential.
      Dick Benbow

Comment

I dont know what Ogawa uses to create their Sanke line, but I heard depending on the Sanke bloodline, Sadazo Sankes you want to pick with large sumi. For this reason the sumi will receed when it gets bigger. Matsunoke Sanke you want to buy when the sumi is very little because it will slow come up later. Don know if this true or not but it seems true.

Comment

tbh, the fish's body seems very short in comparison to its body/head width?
          just an opinion of a beginner who's unfamiliar with Ogawa fish, but it looks that way to me.

Comment

So is this koi in your pond?

Keep it simple, keep it straight Koi-Bito.com

Comment

Originally posted by soelistyo
              tbh, the fish's body seems very short in comparison to its body/head width?
              just an opinion of a beginner who's unfamiliar with Ogawa fish, but it looks that way to me.
              Good observation, the body is short on the fish...Will the fish grow long? I don't think so. More likely the fish will be taller than long...

Comment

I like the three steps hi pattern too.
                Look thru the shiro, a lot of sumi from
                shoulder to tail. Seems like it will be
                a very heavy sumi for this Sanke.

Perhaps, will it be a showa instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom C
                  So is this koi in your pond?
                  Actually this is my friend Brian's fish he was goin to pick up. He is brushing up on Sanke and wants to study Sanke from different Breeders.

Comment

Originally posted by dinh
                    I like the three steps hi pattern too.
                    Look thru the shiro, a lot of sumi from
                    shoulder to tail. Seems like it will be
                    a very heavy sumi for this Sanke.

Perhaps, will it be a showa instead?
                    The way sumi is coming up on the fish it looks more like Sanke Sumi, Showa sumi tends to come up from the sides.

Dinh, are u goin to the Show or what?

Comment

Originally posted by cocoyboy
                      I too like the kohaku pattern, the body is a nice shape too!
                      The Body is 8 out of 10. The fact that the body is a bit shorter. A good measure to figure out the ideal body lenght is to take the lenght of the head(tip of nose to end of gill plate) then from the end of the gill plate the head should fit 3x's the lenght of the body. Kinda of a stupid thing to say but try it out when you go to the shop next time, it's not an exact science but you do get some what of a ruff look at what's to come.

As a junior member of the Koi-Unit you have to atleast attend 2 or 3 Nor-Cal Shows and 1 So-Cal show year. When you get to sensai status you only have to do 1 show a year..hahahahaha...So you goin to the Cammellia Show?

Comment

Originally posted by aquitori
                        The way sumi is coming up on the fish it looks more like Sanke Sumi, Showa sumi tends to come up from the sides.

Dinh, are u goin to the Show or what?
                        For sure I will be there for the event. But not so sure whether I will have any
                        show quality for entrants. Perhaps, the two steps Momotaro Kohaku.

Comment

Originally posted by dinh
                          For sure I will be there for the event. But not so sure whether I will have any
                          show quality for entrants. Perhaps, the two steps Momotaro Kohaku.
                          Dinh your so modest...Bring out your 2 kohaks. Dainichi and Momotaro....if you need help bagging the fish fish let me know.

Comment

Hmmm, Me thinks I have seen this Sanke before.... Anyhow of course that body looks like it is gonna have some length already shows signs of good body. The sumi looks like it is a guessing game but also is far from being finished and will possible connect in future and tighten up. As far as the kohak pattern pretty good with Odome. Would like to see a bit more maki but now we are getting picky.

As far as growing this Ogawa Sanke in Brian's pond should be no problem! Expect to see this grow fast with quality...

Joe
                            It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

For 8" tosai, my concern would be that it is nearly July, so not much time left to get her to 20" before winter.

Seriously, I'd not worry about the Sumi at that size. It is too soon to know what it might do. Photo angle causes some fore-shortening, I think. So, what I'm focusing on is the breadth of the shoulder area. Pattern is classic ... never a bad bet to go with traditional step pattern with nice odome! If the parentage is known, I would not expect it to be for sale. But, this is a peculiar time in Japan. Still, I'd expect a fairly high price for so young a fish.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X