Lost Hi (Red) or else ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Hi (Red) or else ?

Hi, here is the pix of momotarou sanke (nisai) w/ some area of hi in question encircled. Is this sign of hi going down or else ?
    Attached Files

Strange. I've never seen anything quite like that.

Comment

Mike, it beats me too. When i rub the surface of the area, it is smooth like the rest of the scales. Fyi, this fish is new (2 weeks) in my pond and suddendly this happen..

Comment

DOESN'T LOOK LIKE THE HI IS GOING DOWN. The fish might just be a little stressed out causing the under pigment to go funny.

All I can tell you is that I had a momotaro sanke that lost 100% hi and became a nice bekko. And yours doesn't look
        like what happened to my fish.

If the fish seems healthy and eating good. Just wait it out and monitor closely.

Comment

Looks like what happens over the first 3-4 months when fish with good beni are moved to water that is too hard to maintain good beni. My guess is that the hi is going to turn a light persimmon colour.

-steve hopkins

Comment

looks like classic hikkui to me.
            Dick Benbow

Comment

Paulino,

Is this the Momo sanke that you got from Kiki of Samurai?

Comment

Paulino,

Comment

How's the rest of the fish in the pond? Dick might be right but the pick isn't too clear to really see the area in question or the depth of it.
                  The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Originally posted by kiky
                    Paulino,

Yap, thats rite. Its been only in my pond for less than 2 weeks and i noticed this on saturday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by aquitori
                      How's the rest of the fish in the pond? Dick might be right but the pick isn't too clear to really see the area in question or the depth of it.
                      Aq, the surface of the skin is smooth no texture, bump, or scrap whatsoever. It is just the hi in the center of some scales faded. Fyi, this momo came in with certificate born april 2004.

Comment

I had the same thing happen to an Ogata showa purchased 5 months ago at about 6", now about 8". Everybody else is fine except this one? I think it swallowed some bleach! HOW DO YOU MAKE YOUR WATER SOFT!!!!!!!! Check out the difference.
                        Attached Files
                        Nor-Cal Koi Unit KOI ADDICTED AND NEED NO CURE!

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                        Working...
                        X