Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hosokai Kohaku

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hosokai Kohaku

    would like to know your comments on this Hosokai Kohaku? 18" female, 3 years old.

    thx --Dinh
    Attached Files
  • #2

    My goodness that is a pretty koi.

    The beni depth is very good, the body is good and, I think, shows very good potential for growth.

    Not a cheap fish, that's for sure.

    Comment

    • #3

      Menkaburi is not my cup of tea but overall quality is good. The one thing I know from Dinh is that he is very selective when he buys fish and raises them very well. Keep up the good work Dinh....
      The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

      Comment

      • #4

        It has been fun for me to watch hosokai breed so many different varieties besides my favorite asagi.

        would be nice to know the koi pictured parents. I do not know what bloodlines he uses to create his own. Looks like it could be a very big koi from the body shape. I'd be less than honest if i said the face pattern appealed to me. But definetly worth a try!

        I remember when omosako started his kohanku and showa breeding. You could get some pretty nice koi for reasonable because the name was asssociated with shiro utsuri.

        Good luck, let us know how she does
        Dick Benbow

        Comment

        • #5

          Very nice looking kohaku...white ground appears excellent. Overall pleasing look.

          Comment

          • #6

            Originally posted by dick benbow
            would be nice to know the koi pictured parents. I do not know what bloodlines he uses to create his own. Looks like it could be a very big koi from the body shape. I'd be less than honest if i said the face pattern appealed to me. But definetly worth a try!
            Don't know the parents or bloodlines of this Kohaku. I have not made
            a final decision to buy it yet. The hi covers the face does not impress
            me too. I already have 7 Kohakus from different breeders, but don't
            have any Kosokoi yet. So, im am still thinking about this... Thx.

            Comment

            • #7

              Originally posted by aquitori
              Menkaburi is not my cup of tea but overall quality is good. The one thing I know from Dinh is that he is very selective when he buys fish and raises them very well. Keep up the good work Dinh....
              Thanks for your kind words - The reason is because I don't have
              big pond to hold up many.

              Comment

              • #8

                Originally posted by dinh
                The hi covers the face does not impress
                me too. .
                I really like that about its pattern personally.
                Koi-Unit

                ZNA Potomac Koi Club

                Comment

                All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                Working...
                X