I'm now caring for 10 blue babies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm now caring for 10 blue babies!

My Overnight Shipment arrived today. All 10 baby asagi's arrived in good shape and are resting comfortably. Figure should get 2-3 females and rest males. 2 or 3 look like possible first place koi. maybe I'll get A picture to Dan to post for me
    on this thread. The company i work for has a great rep for UPS. He met the shipment at the regional warehouse prior to loading on a truck and ran them out to me to get a 3 hrs jump on delievery. They were really in good shape and what a relief to see those little guys, happy and zooming around. Bewteen this shipment and my wife's good dr report, the olde self is beginning to re emerge!
    Will be interesting once a pic is posted to have your thoughts on which ones appeal to you. ( I'm under restriction as to anything about them so please no follow ups on from who, where etc.)
    Dick Benbow

Dick

great to sounding a lot happier now that your good lady is on the mend and you babies have arrived.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures soon and good luck with them as it sounds like they have already had a head start
    Regards

Gazza

Comment

Congrats, Dick! Please do get Dan to post a pic. Any near-white ones in the batch?

Comment

I can't wait to see them! Nothing like getting new koi.
        Koi-Unit

ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Comment

Enjoy!

Comment

Here they are......
            Attached Files

Comment

dang.. wish I could have one.. nice asagis..

Comment

[QUOTE=dick benbow]My Overnight Shipment arrived today. All 10 baby asagi's arrived in good shape and are resting comfortably. Figure should get 2-3 females and rest malesQUOTE]

Nice looking asagi! How did you guess the sex, by the shape of the body?

Is 20-30% being female typical for a spawn or just for this particular batch?

I do have many questions, but I want to learn more!

Thanks.
                Bancherd

Thai Koi-Keepers' Group

Comment

very nice asagis - they all have very even scales on their bodies.
                  Are these babies from Japan? Who is the breeder?

--Dinh

Comment

Originally posted by dinh
                    very nice asagis - they all have very even scales on their bodies.
                    Are these babies from Japan? Who is the breeder?

--Dinh
                    Dinh--Dick is not allowed to say where they came from.

Nice blue fish Dick--glad to hear everything is reverting to normal!
                    ChrisC

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisC
                      Dinh--Dick is not allowed to say where they came from.

Nice blue fish Dick--glad to hear everything is reverting to normal!
                      Thanks Chris - Some how I bypassed Dick's restriction note;-)) Sorry for that !!

--Dinh

Comment

The first thing I do when viewing at a koi photo is look for the reflection of the photographer in the water surface :>)

Those are beautiful. I've never seen young asagi before and did not expect them to be so blue. How long does it take the hi to fully develop?

-steve

Comment

Hello Dick,

Is there any chance you sell, and hence I own, one of these?!!....Just kidding.

Comment

I can't tell the sex at this age, so i go by the rule of thumb that most spawns run 75% male. Some other color varieties I can tell at 2 but to be honest asagi's are the hardest for me cause the body shape is quite different. Tends to be longer and thinner and will fool you. With Asagi's it's three years before the blue pattern fills in and you can know the sex. From a breeders perspective, quite the investment in time for no more, probably less than other color varieties they could breed.

Chris is right, I am sworn to secrecy on this guys. i can tell you they were born in the USA from japanese parents, just like my bigger females. But breeder and bloodline is quite different.

I was able to find them by inquirering of a first place winner in a show where he got his asagi from and following it back. Plus i got very lucky to find a kind hearted person who went way out of their way to make it happen for me. Because of that I'm honor bound not to disclose anything else.

so guys can you tell from the photos ( pretty difficult I know ) which one(s) look good to you?
                            Dick Benbow

Comment

They all look good Dick.

But at a chance i would go for the one on the top right of the picture as it looks to have a nice even pattern
                              Regards

Gazza

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X