What do you think of my new chagoi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of my new chagoi

I am new to this forum, but have been a koi keeper for 5 years. What is your opinion of my new chagoi....be brutally honest, thanks!!!
    sigpic

If your desire to succeed is greater than your desire to fail, then you will succeed.

Head is not clean!

How big is it anyway?

Comment

Gotta agree with Loco... Head not clean color is pretty ok but just doesnt pop. Maybe just photo. I'd like to see a bit more uniform in color of fins. But Scalation catches the eye no doubt. The being chagoi don't have to worry about it growing. I think in single color koi you gotta be very picky as its only single color. Looking for a good sheen for it to come out and seperate amongnst the rest.

With that said on the color or head being not clean. Many factors an lead to that and one is the koi could be stressed and or water not very clean. Chagoi tend to change color when water not good.

Joe....
      It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

The color on the head abit thin, might clean up...scale reticulation is clean, wishing the motoguro was alot cleaner on fins. Overall, nice Chagoi...All these faults would be over looked if the fish was over 40" .
        The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Ditto I agree with the other post. what is it that I am seeing on the left shoulder? Is it discoloration or a healing injury? Or is it just my bad eyes?

Comment

It looks like a 'young' chagoi to me, if so the head will clean up fine. You are looking through the skin. That's fine for a tosai.
            It needs plenty of food to put some weight on.
            I agree with Nancy, looks like a mark on the left shoulder.
            Maurice.
            http://www.koi-uk.co.uk

Comment

Is it just me or are the pec fins a little long and skinny?
              Koi-Unit
              " Da Best" Chapter
              xxx

Comment

Brutuscz, who is the breeder of the Chagoi?

The thing is you'll have fun with the fish, watching it grow. I buy my Chagois as tosai and watch them grow.

I look for good conformation, nice round nose and round pecs when buy Chagoi...

It will be cool to see how big your Chagoi get in 2 months. Keep us posted.
                The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Too thin right now. Needs to be fed! ...male?

Comment

I just wish the pictures where rotated

Nice looking koi !!

Comment

I just purchased him/her yesterday and took the photos before putting him in the pond. He is about 10 inches. Definitely thin...but I feed like crazy, so hopefully the conformation will improve. On the left, near the head is a small scrape....got a little crazy in the shipping process. I am embarassed to say I dont know the breeder. On most of my fish I do. He was from a decent local pet store that was selling him as a japanese import. No one knew which breeder. I will inquire further with the "fish guy" in the store. My pics are lousy, but his scalation caught my eye. I will update the pics in a month or when he hits 40 inches...whichever comes first!!! Thanks for the input.
                      sigpic

If your desire to succeed is greater than your desire to fail, then you will succeed.

Comment

I just purchased him/her yesterday and took the photos before putting him in the pond.
                        I hope this was wrote this wrong. You just got it yesterday and it went right into the pond? ALL new koi need to be QT before adding them to the pond.

I would also love to see what this koi will do in time.

Tom

Keep it simple, keep it straight Koi-Bito.com

Comment

i also believe the head will clear up ...
                          whats important is that the scalation is very nice and it has a nice light color.
                          unlike mine thats become very dark ...

give it good water and lots of food so it can achieve its potential

Comment

Hi tom....I frequent this store weekly for dog food. This fish has been in their indoor pond for quite some time and has always looked healthy. The other fish it was in with have always looked fine as well. I wasn't too worried on this one. Played the odds a little, but not too much!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brutuscz
                              Hi tom....I frequent this store weekly for dog food. This fish has been in their indoor pond for quite some time and has always looked healthy. The other fish it was in with have always looked fine as well. I wasn't too worried on this one. Played the odds a little, but not too much!!
                              Thats what this guy and hundreds of others before him siad http://www.madaboutkoi.com/cgi-bin/d...rum=DCForumID9

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X