Orange scale appear on the second day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange scale appear on the second day

I had just gotten a new 5" Shiro Utsuri, and it is still in my quarantine tank. Today, i have find some of the scales at the bottom of the belly had turned orange, and i have also found two more spots on the body with the same color. what should i do.

Originally posted by oxcow23 View Post
    I had just gotten a new 5" Shiro Utsuri, and it is still in my quarantine tank. Today, i have find some of the scales at the bottom of the belly had turned orange, and i have also found two more spots on the body with the same color. what should i do.
    I am assuming that you are not talking about orange pigment.

How good is the water quality in your quarantine tank?

Tells us more about your quarantine tank.

Give us details.

Comment

quaratine tank

the tank is just a 30 gallon bucket with a filter and a lamb, water is good, i checked ammonia level is at .6 and its kept indoor.
      i have just put some antibacterial stuff in it.
      also, have found a few of the scale is pealing off. so i assumed it a infection.
      Am I doing the right thing?
      o, and i had took out the carbon filter for the meds.

Comment

Originally posted by oxcow23 View Post
        the tank is just a 30 gallon bucket with a filter and a lamb, water is good, i checked ammonia level is at .6 and its kept indoor.
        i have just put some antibacterial stuff in it.
        also, have found a few of the scale is pealing off. so i assumed it a infection.
        Am I doing the right thing?
        o, and i had took out the carbon filter for the meds.
        It is my opinion that your 30 gallon bucket with an ammonia level of 0.6 is not a healthy water environment for a 5" Koi.

Best advice for now is to provide aeration and do lots of water changes (treated for chlorine removal).

FYI: More Koi die from quarantine tanks like yours than from diseases.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
        Working...
        X