What do you think of this Shiro.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of this Shiro.

This is a 22" Ogata shiro. I like the white and the deep markings, But what about menware? Is this a pet, or potential fish. Just asking for comments.
    Attached Files
    Nor-Cal Koi Unit KOI ADDICTED AND NEED NO CURE!

Originally posted by cocoyboy
    This is a 22" Ogata shiro. I like the white and the deep markings, But what about menware? Is this a pet, or potential fish. Just asking for comments.
    The question is how old is the Shiro? Will the menware come? Hard to say the skin on the face is too thick to give us any clues. The body is nice and the shiroji is clean too....
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

How old is too old? And does menware come up without clues? Did you go to Kevins?
      Originally posted by aquitori
      The question is how old is the Shiro? Will the menware come? Hard to say the skin on the face is too thick to give us any clues. The body is nice and the shiroji is clean too....

Comment

It is most likely a 2 year old, but I don"t see any sumi coming up on the head... hard to say, time will tell.. Usually by this age we see the signs of the menware coming up or it is already up.

Comment

If you are wanting one that will be a contender at a major U.S. show, I do not think this will please you. No Sumi on the head is not a virtue for Utsuri. But, she has a very clean appearance and I think the Sumi will be striking when it fills in. Certainly not a pond mutt!!

Comment

I agree with you all, she is very nice. Without the menware, it wouldn't be a complete package. I needed a fix, and I'm glad we have this forum to keep things real. Thanks guys. And thanks to the person who offered it to me!

Comment

I have found by looking at the eyes it is easy to see whether sumi will come on the head or not. Most Showa and Utsuri have black eyes compared to Sanke and Kohaku. Usually sumi will cover the eye when it has a black rim.
              Jaco Vorster
              South Africa

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
              Working...
              X