Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one will you pick?

I bought one in the 3 showa already.

Just wanna see you guys' taste and preference.

Which one would you pick and why?
    All have comparable body.
    They are all about 9".
    breeder: sakuma.
    Attached Files

The one on the top.

I like the gin rin scales better -- seems to be very well defined rows. The motoguro is also more pleasing to me, I hope it'll tighten up. Overall it just seems to be the better fish.

Comment

I think both the top and the bottom koi are worthy. If you pushed me real hard to make a choice would also go with top one!
      Dick Benbow

Comment

I'd agree with dick and jason as well and go for the top 1 for no other reason than i think the pattern is nice and clean and the sumi doesnt appear to be v heavy .

Mark.

Comment

I like all 3 on sides of tub. Middle one I can do without. Sakuma San has very nice Gin rin Parent fish. His shiro Utsuri is one to look at. I know a koi Kichi couple in the middle of the pacific who has one of the best Gin Rin Shiro Utsuri for Sakuma. I think that thing is pushing past 30 inches to date.

Joe
          It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

I like the one on top of the pic...For what they are which is "GinRin", GinRin has to be the main focus...When picking GinRin the GinRin effect has to uniform in direction...I like the top one because of the GinRin and the theory that SHowa should have 3 colors on the face...
            The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

All right!

I've heard from all the people I hope would respond to the thread!

I did buy the top one before creating this thread. It indeed looks even better in person. And more sumi will definitely come up later.

Thanks for the input and confirming my eyes

Comment

Originally posted by koiloco
                All right!

I've heard from all the people I hope would respond to the thread!

I did buy the top one before creating this thread. It indeed looks even better in person. And more sumi will definitely come up later.

Thanks for the input and confirming my eyes

Oh that one... I wouldn't buy that one . WHo took those goofy photos anyhow...

LOL

Comment

I would pick the bottom one.

From the picture i like the body shape and it has a good even spread of Hi. Looks like lots of Sumi still to come through.

Feel free to educate me if my choice is wrong but please tell me why as i want to learn Koi appreciation.

Cheers,
                  Greg.

"The target is within"

Comment

Originally posted by keokoi
                    Oh that one... I wouldn't buy that one . WHo took those goofy photos anyhow...

LOL

Oh man,

would you keep it for me then Joe until it's around 20"?

And the guy who took these pictures definitely need to improve on photography skills. (lol)

Comment

Originally posted by greg
                      I would pick the bottom one.

From the picture i like the body shape and it has a good even spread of Hi. Looks like lots of Sumi still to come through.

Feel free to educate me if my choice is wrong but please tell me why as i want to learn Koi appreciation.

Cheers,
                      Greg,

There's no wrong choice when it comes to beauty. As they say "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder".

It's just that I and the people posted in this thread happen to have the same taste and preference.

The bottom one is more like a Hi showa which could turn out very nice with the even spread Hi.

All of them have very comparable body shape. The picture kind of plays trick on our eyes. I did look at all of them in person.

Comment

B-dawg,

How many koi yo got now. You went on a buying spree for koi.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by keokoi
                          B-dawg,

How many koi yo got now. You went on a buying spree for koi.

Joe
                          Not that many

I sold quite a few this year too.( about 14)

only 3 at 17" - 20"

the rest(20) is about 12"

and some small ones.

I only bought 5 this year. the kigoi with red eyes, the ginrin benigoi for my wife, the maruju budo goromo, the maruyama kohaku and the ginrin showa. That's it for the season.

Still looking for a nice sanke. Anybody got one?

Comment

I like the bottom Showa, it looks like it could be a Goromo Showa! Nice body too.
                            Koi-Unit
                            " Da Best" Chapter
                            xxx

Comment

bottom for me too, i prefer the body shape and the shiroji, looks like it could be an imposing koi in years to come...in my mind it has the best potential, just a gamble on the sumi.

kevan.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X