Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Word of the day " Taisho"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Word of the day " Taisho"

    "Taisho" Where does it come from? What does it mean? Was thinking of Nishikigoi History and wanted throw something out. Thinking this is a good way to go in depth of the power of Nishikigoi...

    Joe
    It's a living creature (chit happens)
  • #2

    I think I will sit back and let the newbies answer it as part of their research for the hobby....Dick and MikeM I think u guys should do the same... Good question Joe...
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

    Comment

    • #3

      Originally posted by aquitori
      I think I will sit back and let the newbies answer it as part of their research for the hobby....Dick and MikeM I think u guys should do the same... Good question Joe...
      Yeah kind of my initention also.. Thought this would make it pretty interesting.. Gonna try to throw out a word everyday so we can research it and learn the history a bit.

      What do you think about that??

      Joe
      It's a living creature (chit happens)

      Comment

      • #4

        Cool, everyone should know some history tidbits here and there...
        The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

        Comment

        • #5

          Originally posted by aquitori
          I think I will sit back and let the newbies answer it as part of their research for the hobby....Dick and MikeM I think u guys should do the same... Good question Joe...
          Did someone say my name?

          OK, from what I have read "Taisho" refers to an era in Japanese history, from 1912-1926. After one emperor dies and another takes the throne a new era is defined by their reign. So Emperor Meiji passed away and Emperor Taisho came to power. The taisho sanke pattern was said to originated around 1915, during the Taisho era.

          How I'm doing.......close?

          Comment

          • #6

            Your too good for these guys Jen!
            Koi-Unit
            " Da Best" Chapter
            xxx

            Comment

            • #7

              Originally posted by mulberryjen
              Did someone say my name?

              OK, from what I have read "Taisho" refers to an era in Japanese history, from 1912-1926. After one emperor dies and another takes the throne a new era is defined by their reign. So Emperor Meiji passed away and Emperor Taisho came to power. The taisho sanke pattern was said to originated around 1915, during the Taisho era.

              How I'm doing.......close?
              You have been studying my young "paddawon"....you got it.
              The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

              Comment

              • #8

                Originally posted by mulberryjen
                Did someone say my name?

                OK, from what I have read "Taisho" refers to an era in Japanese history, from 1912-1926. After one emperor dies and another takes the throne a new era is defined by their reign. So Emperor Meiji passed away and Emperor Taisho came to power. The taisho sanke pattern was said to originated around 1915, during the Taisho era.

                How I'm doing.......close?

                Yup she is good! That is the word of the day..

                Good Job! look for Tomorrows word..

                Akino you got wireless? I might need to post it tomorrow at your house...

                Joe
                It's a living creature (chit happens)

                Comment

                • #9

                  the word is excluded, not allowed to participate ( poor mike) LOL!
                  Dick Benbow

                  Comment

                  • #10

                    The word for tomorrow is "Polyurea"!
                    Koi-Unit
                    " Da Best" Chapter
                    xxx

                    Comment

                    • #11

                      Originally posted by Akinosan
                      The word for tomorrow is "Polyurea"!
                      Doesn't that mean: very expensive, koi home cost more than KY home?

                      Comment

                      • #12

                        Please Jen, don't remind me. It'll all be worth it when its over and done with.
                        Koi-Unit
                        " Da Best" Chapter
                        xxx

                        Comment

                        • #13

                          Originally posted by Akinosan
                          Please Jen, don't remind me. It'll all be worth it when its over and done with.
                          R - You know I'm just playing. It looks like it's going to be awesome! I know you can't wait to get water and your fish in there. and then possibly some more fish.

                          Maybe I'll send baby showa out for a visit - be like vacation at a luxury resort!

                          Comment

                          • #14

                            Originally posted by Akinosan
                            The word for tomorrow is "Polyurea"!
                            Is that what you get after eating alot of styrofoam? Well anyways, Joe will think of something for you guys...
                            The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

                            Comment

                            • #15

                              Originally posted by mulberryjen
                              Doesn't that mean: very expensive, koi home cost more than KY home?
                              Shot if housing is that cheap, I'll quit koi and collect houses in Kentucky...
                              The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

                              Comment

                              All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X