green and black bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green and black bugs

Hi, this is my first post and i have a ?. i was bringing in my koi for the winter and noticed there are green and black bugs in amd on my pond pump. does anyone know what these are? Are they bad for koi? thanks cory

Hi Cory, welcome to K-B! Any chance of getting a photo?
    Dick Benbow

Comment

I'll see if i can figure it out.

Comment

I hope this worked.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Cory:

Welcome!

It would probably help if you filled out your profile with an area - we're all going to be a bit off if it turns out that you're posting from New Zealand... except maybe for mrbradleybradley...

No idea on your bugs. They kind of remind me of the Tomato Hornworms we had out in the midwest, but the legs and coloration isn't right.

-t

Comment

I'm from saskatchewan,canada, i have never seen these bugs in my pond before and they have me a bit concerned.

Comment

they look to me like something that might attack fry but full grown Koi should be just fine.
              Dick Benbow

Comment

Hi Cory,

Welcome to Koi-Bito! Dick is right...they are harmless. I see the same bugs in my skimmer. If my skimmer is clean, I would dump it into my baby pond. They are nutritious snacks for my baby kois.

Sunny

Comment

Looks like a saltwater mantis shrimp. wild bug!!!
                  sigpic

If your desire to succeed is greater than your desire to fail, then you will succeed.

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                  Working...
                  X