your opinion on front covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your opinion on front covers

when I was a kid growing up, I'd look for my copy of outdoor life to see what kind of game fish it had on it knowing there would be an article inside about it.

do you have an expectation when you see your favorite koi magazine (obviously KB) come with a koi on the front that it will have some content regarding it? Or are front covers just an expression of art meant to draw you into reading whatever the contents are?

no axe to grind here just curious....
    Dick Benbow

Koi Magazine... I wanna see koi.. .When I go to the breeder or Dealers place. I look at the koi and rarely ever nitce the ponds or equipment. I am there to see koi.. When I get a koi magazine the thing that draws me to that Mag is a koi and nothing else. So many times I have passed up a koi mag because no koi were on it. Just me and my silly thoughts..

I wanna see koi such as the cover on KB...

Joe
    It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

Me I usually pass on magazine covers with no koi, but that's my opinion. On a strictly "Nishikigoi" magazine I would expect koi on the cover.
      The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

If it had a picture of a Midori koi but no article inside would that bother you or the fact that it's an unusual koi is good enough? Just happy to see it, no mention of who bred it, or info on midori inside?
        Dick Benbow

Comment

I want to see koi on all magazine covers.. Hel*, I want to see koi on the garden pond mag covers too.. albeit in a "koi pond"..

As far as the cover koi goes, I definately want to know: age, breeder, owner and for how long, where "housed", and maybe an article about the breeder, or owner's pond inside. "History" of the koi
          Best regards,

Bob Winkler

My opinions are my best interpretation of my experiences. They are not set in stone as I intend to always be a student of life. And Koi.

sigpic

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
          Working...
          X