Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting lost in pattern and not focusing on major problems.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Getting lost in pattern and not focusing on major problems.

    What is the problem with this Kohak? This Kohak has a very interesting pattern, but what is wrong with it to sway you from not buying it. Study the photo and let me know what you think is wrong with it.

    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.
  • #2

    Hi quality is not good.

    Body seems uneven.

    It might be the picture, too

    Comment

    • #3

      the bulge on the right side?

      but if this wasnt a picture and it was swimming around in a viewing tub, i would probably never notice the bulge

      Comment

      • #4

        I dont think you can ask anyone to make that kind of analysis without giving the age of the fish. If it's a year old, the answer will be completely different than if its 4 years old.

        Comment

        • #5

          Originally posted by [email protected]
          I dont think you can ask anyone to make that kind of analysis without giving the age of the fish. If it's a year old, the answer will be completely different than if its 4 years old.
          This fish is nisai. Now that we know the age, what is the difference if it were yonsai...? Deformaties are deformaties, the fact that the fish would be bigger at yonsai would me you would see the problem better.
          The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

          Comment

          • #6

            Originally posted by aragorn
            the bulge on the right side?

            but if this wasnt a picture and it was swimming around in a viewing tub, i would probably never notice the bulge
            The bulge is correct, this exercise is to train ones eyeto seeing thing like that and getting past the pattern.
            The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

            Comment

            • #7

              Originally posted by koiloco
              Hi quality is not good.

              Body seems uneven.

              It might be the picture, too
              The fish is pretty straight in the pic, but we can see the conformation is bad in the pic.
              The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

              Comment

              • #8

                Originally posted by aquitori
                The bulge is correct, this exercise is to train ones eyeto seeing thing like that and getting past the pattern.
                he he, when i saw the topic title, i thought you were talking about me.
                you're right, its very hard not to fall for a pattern like that.

                but knowing its defects might get me leverage in asking for a discount

                Comment

                • #9

                  Originally posted by aquitori
                  What is the problem with this Kohak? This Kohak has a very interesting pattern, but what is wrong with it to sway you from not buying it. Study the photo and let me know what you think is wrong with it.
                  colors are not so good; uneven body; unenven eyes;
                  No odome (minor) -

                  Well, when looking for a fish to buy. Body, color, and pattern, which
                  one you focus first?

                  Comment

                  • #10

                    Originally posted by aquitori
                    The bulge is correct, this exercise is to train ones eyeto seeing thing like that and getting past the pattern.
                    Great! Post more pics!
                    Koi-Unit

                    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

                    Comment

                    • #11

                      Originally posted by dinh
                      colors are not so good; uneven body; unenven eyes;
                      No odome (minor) -

                      Well, when looking for a fish to buy. Body, color, and pattern, which
                      one you focus first?
                      Well the one thing the eye draws you to is the pattern and skin first.

                      1st: look at pattern and skin quality, check the shiroji and color dept of the fish.

                      2nd: look at the conformation, make sure you look at the conformation is sunlight and in a blue bowl.
                      • if you can get a fish in a bag and check the underside that would be cool (but always check the underside of a fish before you leave the dealers business place).
                      The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

                      Comment

                      • #12

                        And be wary of healed over ulcers on the underside of the koi. Not saying this koi has any, but typically you dont notice something like that when examining it from the top. Larger koi you haul in tubs, so its not like you can look at its underside easily through a plastic bag.

                        I have a koi at home that I never would have bought had I seen the healed over wound on its belly.

                        edit: Hey, I see that I posted the same time as Equitori. Great minds think alike

                        Comment

                        • #13

                          There are two spots in the first hi plate where the hi seem to be thining. If it continued to lose color and formed a window or windows then the appeal of the pattern would be lost as well.

                          -Dan

                          Comment

                          • #14

                            Originally posted by aquitori
                            Well the one thing the eye draws you to is the pattern and skin first.

                            1st: look at pattern and skin quality, check the shiroji and color dept of the fish.

                            2nd: look at the conformation, make sure you look at the conformation is sunlight and in a blue bowl.
                            • if you can get a fish in a bag and check the underside that would be cool (but always check the underside of a fish before you leave the dealers business place).
                            excellent recomendation - But how often the dealer allows you to view the
                            fish in a bag? Specially with the big size.

                            A friend of mine didn't notice his fish has a big scar at the underside after took it home. And perhaps, the dealer didn't even notice too;-))

                            Comment

                            • #15

                              I think we should all inspect our purchases before they are bagged, or right after they are bagged. When you put out that kind of $$ for koi, don't depend on someone else, especially the person your handing the money to!
                              Koi-Unit
                              " Da Best" Chapter
                              xxx

                              Comment

                              All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X