Mouth Rot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouth Rot?

Is this the beginnings of mouth rot? The side bone is staying distented, not cloapsing like it should, a smidge of pink at the joint under the skin, inside the mouth is nice and white.

What are your thoughts?

My fish were attmpting to spawn this morning water everywhere. Could he have smashed his mouth?
    Attached Files
    “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed” Adolf Hitler

Chris~

It kinda looks like a bruise. Could well be an injury, but the fish looks to young to spawn. Wrong place wrong time?
    ChrisC

Comment

Appears to be an injury.

Comment

i THINK THE CONSENSOUS FROM WASHINGTON STATE AGREES THAT IT LOOKS MORE LIKE AN INJURY!
        Dick Benbow

Comment

??? I don't know as well, I was thinking of putting the fish out and seeing if I can adjust the bones back, or just see if I can find out what's happening there by getting a closer look. Almost want to inject it just in case.

Most of my males, (didn't see this one involved) were slamming my 14" 2yr old Shiro this morning, there was water everywhere around the deck of my pond. When I first looked in the pond this morning, I saw that his mouth was open, but really didn't click until I pulled it up to see what was happening.

So I don't know either.
          “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed” Adolf Hitler

Chris~

Comment

My slow typing missed your guys post's (Dick, and Dan).

Should I just leave it alone, and see what happens? Or try to adjust the mouth, and inject?

Chris~

Comment

The other thing I just thought of, is this fish will completely fill his mouth with food till his lips are distended, as in the pics and still try to put more food in, could he have dis-located his mouth joint?

Chris~

Comment

Originally posted by woodyaht
                My slow typing missed your guys post's (Dick, and Dan).

Should I just leave it alone, and see what happens? Or try to adjust the mouth, and inject?
                Chris, IMO, just keep a close watch on her.

Comment

Chris, look like its irrated and perhaps also because jaw is not working properly... be careful if you are going to readjust the mouth. I think maybe duncans site might have something on this...

Not Mouth rot for sure. Just irrated or bruised...

http://www.koi-unleashed.co.uk/

Good Luck,

Joe
                  It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris~

Comment

You've got to stop kissing those fish on the mouth!
                      Koi-Unit
                      " Da Best" Chapter
                      xxx

Comment

I had that a couple of weeks ago pink mouths on a few of my koi, i just left them alone to heal, all fine now

Comment

Originally posted by Akinosan
                          You've got to stop kissing those fish on the mouth!
                          I tink I figurd it out, I forgeted to get dat fish a tetiness shot, it got some lock jaw

Maybe kissing it did it, I passed it my summer teeth

Chris~

Comment

Originally posted by callum
                            I had that a couple of weeks ago pink mouths on a few of my koi, i just left them alone to heal, all fine now
                            Was the jaw locked open?

This one won't close..........

Chris~

Comment

Originally posted by woodyaht
                              I tink I figurd it out, I forgeted to get dat fish a tetiness shot, it got some lock jaw

Maybe kissing it did it, I passed it my summer teeth
                              Ask Bob Winkler he knows abotu making out with koi..
                              It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X