Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what kind of fish is this?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • what kind of fish is this?

    Hi there,

    We have a koi pond with the standard kinds of kois. This morning we discovered some small new fish. We made a picture of these. Can anyone tell which kind this is? If this is a species which we didn't buy, how did they come in our pond?

    All suggestions are welcome!
    Thanks!

  • #2

    put the baby fish in a glass container. look at it's mouth. if it has barbels (feelers) it's a koi. if not it's a gold fish.
    Dick Benbow

    Comment

    • #3

      It looks like a goldfish to me.

      Tom

      Keep it simple, keep it straight Koi-Bito.com

      Comment

      • #4

        that my friend it a standard fin cull.... with roots back to rice paddies and lived long enough to find its way to the dinner table.....
        " I'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy "

        Comment

        • #5

          Yup sure looks like goldfish to me, maybe a cross-breed?
          The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

          Comment

          • #6

            Carpio akinosanish.... rare species found only in evergreen valley...


            Looks G-fish to me...


            Joe
            It's a living creature (chit happens)

            Comment

            • #7

              Originally posted by keokoi
              Carpio akinosanish.... rare species found only in evergreen valley...


              Looks G-fish to me...


              Joe
              Akinosan is a new breeder form the Evergreen Area of the Yamakoski Region, small breeder has 100 hectors of mud pond space....He breeds feeder goldfish....Kinda expensive thou, tosai start at $500-$3000...
              The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

              Comment

              • #8

                Originally posted by aquitori
                Akinosan is a new breeder form the Evergreen Area of the Yamakoski Region, small breeder has 100 hectors of mud pond space....He breeds feeder goldfish....Kinda expensive thou, tosai start at $500-$3000...

                Shhhh!!! don't tell the secret of breeding magoi with goldfish.... akinomatsonosuke....
                It's a living creature (chit happens)

                Comment

                • #9

                  Originally posted by keokoi
                  Shhhh!!! don't tell the secret of breeding magoi with goldfish.... akinomatsonosuke....
                  He uses sensuke kohak and goldfish x bloodline, then inbreeds them with fantail for better conformation...damn I said too much again..
                  The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

                  Comment

                  All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                  Working...
                  X