A sad weekend for me! cause my orenji thought he could fly :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sad weekend for me! cause my orenji thought he could fly :(

I woke up yesterday morning and went out to feed the fish, only to see my orenji was there on the ground with ants and flies on him. I tried to recover him but it was beyond the turning back point, he already saw the light.

he's 24" as of last month. I got him since he's 10".

I am still sad today so I probably need to drink some more beer
    Attached Files

Hi,

Sorry about your loss. I am sure he was very happy while in your care and you have fond memories of him.

Comment

I sympathize for your loss. But think of the silver lining. There is now more room for that new Shiro. ... Keep smiling.

Comment

Hi Blue, Hows that batch of fry?

I hate that your koi jumped out of the pond. I have one that is going to happen too and it will be a sad day for me also, she jumps all the time, so far she has landed in the pond.

Comment

Originally posted by koifishgirl
          Hi Blue, Hows that batch of fry?

I hate that your koi jumped out of the pond. I have one that is going to happen too and it will be a sad day for me also, she jumps all the time, so far she has landed in the pond.
          Hi Judy,
          Actually koiloco was the one who lost a koi. My fry are okay mostly yamabukis, only 1.5 to 2 inches though, after almost three months. Wish I had mud ponds...
          How are your fry?

Comment

I hope I can pull the pond next weekend and get some pics, keep you fingers crossed as I almost fell in today trying to net the pond to keep herons out.

Comment

Thanks Mike for your kind thoughts, but you are right about there's always both sides to any incident

Comment

sorry for your loss! He looks like a she to me tho. A nice new blue fish may help
                youi feel better.
                Dick Benbow

Comment

Sorry for the lose, but you should also be commended on raising such a fish.
                  The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Comment

Thanks for the thought, Aquitori!

s/He was the biggest in my pond and of course, always the first one up when it comes to feeding times.

s/He'll be missed, especially everytime my son asks me where s/he is for the past 2 days.

Hi Dick,
                    You might be right, he could be a she. I really never check the gender. But for sure, a very gentle fish.

Comment

Dude sorry about your Ogon.. Dunno but I think koi think they can jump out and seim back to home.. Oh well. I am lucky to have not have one jump out..
                      It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                      Working...
                      X