Goshiki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goshiki

Here's 2 Goshiki, what are your thoughts on them and why or why wouldn't you choose them.

First pic Hosokai Female 16"

Second PIc Otsuka Male 18"
    Attached Files
    “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed” Adolf Hitler

Chris~

In in this case, since the goshiki-sanke is male and pecs looked trimmed or deformed I would probably go with the female goshiki. The male may eventually be a "dark" bodied fish (?). I don't really no what to look for at this age, would love to see some earlier age pics of that Goshiki that was in the BKKS this year, maybe some of our friends across the pond will let us know.. I thought the goshiki-sanke was sold anyways, so that makes the choice easier. Goshiki is one of favorate also, here is one of mine.
    Attached Files

Comment

The Sanke is still available, they responded to my e-mail this morning.

I am scratching my head as to whether the Hosokai would darken up in my hard water?

A nice Goshiki is the last fish I want to put in my pond.

Nice fish.......
      “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed” Adolf Hitler

Chris~

Comment

I would definitely take the first one. Better conformation and a cleaner appearance. No contest...1st one has "the look"
        sigpic

If your desire to succeed is greater than your desire to fail, then you will succeed.

Comment

If it's the last fish you will add to your pond. Honestly, I wouldn't get either of them.

Wait out, you could find better one. (Unless, they are selling it for pretty cheap)

The first one is pretty good, but the black is coming through the hi plate. I myself prefer something like this for the hi on goshiki.
          Attached Files

Comment

Chris, the Goshiki will darken up but prolly not this summer.. Your water pretty warm.. But in the wiinter time I think and prolly for the show in April 2006 should be planty of time to condition that baby!

Yes lots of Goshiki doing well nowadays.. 3 Gsohiki took top prize at eastern Nishikigoi show

Joe
            It's a living creature (chit happens)

Comment

I like goshiki. the male's pattern appeals more to me than the female. But her future is still ahead of her and that and the fact she's a lady has two things going for her.

yes they will darken with harder water.
              Dick Benbow

Comment

Well then Bi-golly, she's on her way. She was less than half the price of the male, and for the price, we'll play with her and see what she turns into. She'll be here on Tues.

Chris~

Comment

Chris . . .

think that goshiki lady's a beaut and you'll have many years of enjoyment ahead of you. Who'd you snag her from, if you don't mind? Don
                  Don Chandler
                  Member: AKCA, ZNA, KoiUSA

Comment

No sh.t!

How the heck would they price a female that looks better then the male at half the price.

I would take her too with that deal.

Comment

Thanks, there so hard to find let alone one that is ok, or let alone really nice. I have been looking at her for a week or so.

I found her at Keirin. They have quite a few to choose from, but this one looked to be the best to my liking. I like a little less Hi than Koiloco posted.

Chris~

Comment

My posted picture was to show the hi uniformity (no black shows thru) not the amount of hi or pattern on the koi.

I really like the 3 step pattern on your pick. Very simple yet elegant (especially when it grows to 25" )

Enjoy your new koi.

Comment

Ahhhh, I gotcha. I like when the sumi perforates the scales a bit on the aft section of the body, and when the forward part of the body is clean Hi, but that's a ideal fish to me. But we'll see what she actually looks like when she gets here, pics suc........

Chris~

Comment

Just 25" ????? I am hoping for 35"

Chris~

Comment

$475 Is Not A Bad Deal!

Did You Get A Discount Of The Shipping?

Comment

All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X