Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NWK&GC 2005-07-30 Winners

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NWK&GC 2005-07-30 Winners

    Here are the GC from Dan & Sharon Olson (Taisho Sakai Sanke) and The RC from Bill Blackburn (Taisho Sakai Kohaku).

    Congratulatiions:
    Attached Files
    Arthur
  • #2

    The Olson's cleaned up in a major way! It was fun just watching how delighted they were.

    Great Portland Show this year.

    Arthur's sales fish were the best available at the show. Made me regret that the greenhouse pond is not yet complete!
    ChrisC

    Comment

    • #3

      Any other photos? Other winners? Thanks Authur for posting.

      Comment

      • #4

        Congrats to the Winners. and a Big thanks for showing your koi in the show.. That goes for all the contestants...

        Now Condition some of them koi and bring em down April 2006


        Joe
        It's a living creature (chit happens)

        Comment

        • #5

          Joe, I think April in cool California is a fine time for your show. End of July in Portland is always really warm for the fish up here. Big fish, little tanks, and high temps--they had three tanks spawn. What a mess. The show chairs were scrambling for replacements and the unititiated were thinking that this hobby is only for the people who cannot smell anymore. Pretty fishy.

          The big (monster) Sanke that Sharon (inconceivably) calls "Babycakes" was really "on" for this show, powering through the water. The Kohaku Dick thought would win WAS great looking, but the Judging was led by ZNA Judge Ron Goforth, and, as they say, size matters. Seemed it was a very close thing between the winning fish and Bill and Marianne Blackburn's Kohaku.

          A competitor who drove up from Sacramento, Carolyn (last name escapes me now) really upped the ante with a couple of tanks worth of lovely gosanke.
          ChrisC

          Comment

          • #6

            Dan, heard you were sick. Sorry to have missed you. Thanks for making sure my measuring tub got there. I picked it up with no problem.

            I asked for a list of winners so I could post them, but the show does not appear to have that readily. Sorry.
            ChrisC

            Comment

            • #7

              Glad you got your tub Chris. Feeling better today. Missed seeing everyone, although saw some of the Portland folks when I went down to set up tanks on Thursday. My little showa had to miss her day in the sun....that's the way it goes sometimes....maybe Bothell.

              Comment

              • #8

                NWK&GC Show

                This year's show was really great: real competition for to honors and many known dealers and vendors (Kieren, Eastern Nishikigoi, Nishikigoi of Niigata, Patti Graphixx, and many others...).

                As I posted the top honored fish this morning I did not have time to say/post anymore. My understanding is that there were 3 contenders for GC, an unprecedented situation in Portland (in my memory anyway). The Olson's also brought many other worthy Koi.

                The competition was just as intensive in the smaller sizes.

                Albert and Nancy Mason from the Roseberg koi club took Baby Champion with a Kohaku purchased at Lady Bug.

                Bruce and Nancy Turner from the NW Koi Club took Young Champion with a Shiro Utsuri from Fujii purchased at Oregon Koi Gardens.

                All in all the quality of the show, and the fish entered this year, was really a step above what I have seen before: a commendation is due to the organizers.

                The club staff/helpers were enthusiatic and helpful at all times despite the heat :-). The show setting was top notch with splash screens between all tanks, a noteworthy initiative.

                That's all for now: I will go sleep early tonight :-)

                Arthur
                Arthur

                Comment

                • #9

                  Other contenders

                  Hi

                  Great, thanks for posting. Is there a site that has pics of the other contenders?

                  Thanks
                  Bradley
                  www.ksakoi.com
                  www.koi.allday.at

                  Comment

                  • #10

                    Thanks Arthur for the kind words, we were very happy with the quality of the competition. The volunteers and vendors were also "Top Notch"!
                    One slight correction, the Masons' Kohaku was Young Champion and I believe it was purchased at BlueWater Koi in Olympia. The Turners' Shiro Utsuri was Baby Champion.

                    Here are the size winners:
                    Size 1 Kohaku Virginia Hokkanen. Leo Marsh
                    Size 2 Sanke Sally Karo
                    Size 3 Kohaku Laurie Miller (My Koi kichi spouse)
                    Size 4 Gin Rin Showa Dan and Sharon Olson
                    Size 5 Kohaku Carolyn (From Ca I can't remember her last name either)
                    Size 6 Sanke Bill and Marianne Blackburn

                    Thanks to all who attended!
                    Pete

                    Originally posted by Arthur
                    This year's show was really great: real competition for to honors and many known dealers and vendors (Kieren, Eastern Nishikigoi, Nishikigoi of Niigata, Patti Graphixx, and many others...).

                    As I posted the top honored fish this morning I did not have time to say/post anymore. My understanding is that there were 3 contenders for GC, an unprecedented situation in Portland (in my memory anyway). The Olson's also brought many other worthy Koi.

                    The competition was just as intensive in the smaller sizes.

                    Albert and Nancy Mason from the Roseberg koi club took Baby Champion with a Kohaku purchased at Lady Bug.

                    Bruce and Nancy Turner from the NW Koi Club took Young Champion with a Shiro Utsuri from Fujii purchased at Oregon Koi Gardens.

                    All in all the quality of the show, and the fish entered this year, was really a step above what I have seen before: a commendation is due to the organizers.

                    The club staff/helpers were enthusiatic and helpful at all times despite the heat :-). The show setting was top notch with splash screens between all tanks, a noteworthy initiative.

                    That's all for now: I will go sleep early tonight :-)

                    Arthur

                    Comment

                    • #11

                      Originally posted by Pete
                      Size 5 Kohaku Carolyn (From Ca I can't remember her last name either)


                      Thanks to all who attended!
                      Pete
                      Carolyn Swanson...
                      It's a living creature (chit happens)

                      Comment

                      • #12

                        Well, like Dick, I made a prediction 2 months ago. I knew that 2 step kohaku would win Young Champion. Glad to see Albert and Nancy entered it. It was Grand Champion at Roseburg earlier in June. I posted photos on this board back in May (Thoughts on this Kohaku) because it was so nice. Best photos in that thread. Can't bring them up here. So what photos I could I included. Almost bought it myself....beautiful koi. White and especially beni...unbelievable!
                        Attached Files

                        Comment

                        • #13

                          Originally posted by Dan Blatt
                          Well, like Dick, I made a prediction 2 months ago. I knew that 2 step kohaku would win Young Champion. Glad to see Albert and Nancy entered it. It was Grand Champion at Roseburg earlier in June. I posted photos on this board back in May (Thoughts on this Kohaku) because it was so nice. Best photos in that thread. Can't bring them up here. So what photos I could I included. Almost bought it myself....beautiful koi. White and especially beni...unbelievable!


                          Very nice!!! Outstanding shiro and beni.. Love the pattern Big future for this fish

                          Comment

                          • #14

                            Originally posted by keokoi
                            Carolyn Swanson...
                            Yes, Carolyn Swanson. Carolyn, if you are reading this, my apologies for failing to remember your name.

                            Carolyn had serious fish. Joe--you need to make sure she comes to your April show.
                            ChrisC

                            Comment

                            • #15

                              Originally posted by ChrisC
                              Yes, Carolyn Swanson. Carolyn, if you are reading this, my apologies for failing to remember your name.

                              Carolyn had serious fish. Joe--you need to make sure she comes to your April show.
                              ChrisC, I know Carolyn is very Kichi for sure. She has been to many shows as of lately! I also have seen her in Japan at Hosokai's.. I don't know her personally but I have seen her nice koi at shows..

                              Carolyn, dates of show is April 1st 2nd 2006 if your reading...

                              Otherwise I am sure she will hear through the grapevine..


                              Joe
                              It's a living creature (chit happens)

                              Comment

                              All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com
                              Working...
                              X